03 December 2023

Earth Dungeon 106.2

 Test

Chapter 106.2. Snow Fairy


[The next guest, huh? It would be nice if they offered a bit of a challenge.]

Frokis chuckled as Konoha clung tightly to the snow bike, which Shizuku was diligently riding alongside.

[Ignoring Frokis-chan and heading straight to the boss's room? Good courage. It's not a bad choice. But do you think you can pass through?]

Frokis turned half of her body, bringing her fist forward in an interesting expression. She approached the snow bike to pass through with a sharp step.

"Hush!"

Expressing a breath, she tried to slam her fist onto the snow bike, but...

[Accelerator]

I accelerated, standing in the way and swinging my dagger. Frokis lowered her extended fist, gracefully jumping to the side.

"Your opponent is me. Let's dance a bit, Frokis-chan."

Leaning forward for a follow-up attack, Shizuku swung her dagger continuously. The swooshing sound of the wind and glimmers of silver sparkled. Frokis shifted her feet and swayed her body to avoid the attacks.

[Hmm? Trying to stop me? But you should know you can't stop Frokis-chan's power.]

[Accelerator]

Ignoring me, Frokis attempted to chase Konoha on the snow bike. She passed me, leaving an afterimage, but I leaped away like a bounce.

[You... isn't using your partner as bait a bit cruel?]

Starting with a sharp gaze at Frokis, who seemed glaring at her, Shizuku playfully stuck out her tongue, her dagger charged with fighting spirit.

"If you attacked from behind with such an opening, it would have been easy to finish. Is it okay? The little rabbit runs away from the wolf-like this?"

[I wouldn't want to take your hit from behind. It seems like your attack has the power to defeat Frokis-chan.]

Saying that Frokis pointed her finger, charged with aura, at me. Sighing at the situation, I rotated my dagger and adjusted my grip.

"Your sharp combat instincts haven't changed. If unexpected attacks don't work, there's something I'd like to discuss. Now, I have a question."

Exhaling a breath, I looked at Frokis and opened her mouth.

"Please tell me your name, date of birth, and what you're good at."

[Are you conducting some interviews? My name is Frokis. I'm Frokis, the snow monster. I have been told to protect this dungeon by someone. As for my date of birth. Just a moment ago? My specialty is hand-to-hand combat.]

"Heh... Is there a reason you're in this dungeon, and who gave you orders? Do you know?"

In a somewhat questioning tone, Shizuku continued the conversation, and Froxie tilted her head, seeming bewildered. It appeared she was beginning to find her situation mysterious.

[Hmm... I don't know, but I've been told to protect it for now.]

"Well then, unless you stop that snow bike, you'll turn into bubbles and disappear like a mermaid. So, turn your back to me and chase after it. Don't worry; I won't do anything."

I directed her gaze toward the receding snow bike. If that happened, I could defeat Frokis. I said it with a faint expectation.

Shaking her head and raising the corners of her mouth, Froxie didn't move. It seemed she had no intention of pursuing it.

[Somehow, Frokis-chan thinks it's fine even like this. There's not that much sense of duty. Fighting with you seems more interesting.]

"Heh... That was unexpected. It was mentioned as one of the possible scenarios, but well, it can't be helped."

Looking at Frokis, who assumed an interesting expression and readied herself, I sharpened my eyes like a predatory beast, radiating a deep light.

"I can't bear to see you as an enemy. Goodbye, Frokis-chan. I had forgotten about you, and now I'll forget you again."

[You speak as if you know Frokis-chan. Who are you?]

"Commending the soul that doesn't forget the 'noja' character, let me enlighten you. I'm Amano Shizuku, the partner of the savior destined to save this world."

[Hmm, then Shizuku it is! Enjoy this battle with Frokis-chan!]

Froxie tightened the icy floor, raised her fist, and charged forward. Shizuku, facing her, smiled and held 2 daggers in her hands.

"You probably won't enjoy it. I'll remind you of my power right away."

To intercept, I swung my dagger in a horizontal arc. Frokis, in a forward-leaning posture, dodged my attack by lowering her head even further. Rolling her body in mid-air, I delivered a spinning back kick.

[Moon Kick]

[Hard Skin]

Enhancing my body's strength, I kicked with a high kick. Our legs intersected, deflecting each other. I quickly regained my posture, twisted my body, and launched a right kick like an arrow.

Frokis, rotating sideways while dodging Shizuku's kick, threw a punch, but Shizuku pulled back her right leg, elegantly twirled like a ballet dancer, and swung her daggers to cut sharply.

[You're good!]

"Is that so? The dance has only just begun."

In response to Frokis's seemingly enjoyable laughter, I replied with a calm and cold gaze.

We continued our battle, swinging my dagger, throwing punches, and launching kicks, engaging in a dance-like fight. However, neither of us suffered fatal damage, indicating a balanced confrontation.

Just when it seemed the battle would go on forever, Frokis quickly distanced herself.

[You're strong! Unlike the others who rely on skills. But let's get serious now!]

"I would like to say 'of course'... but your next words imply that Frokis-chan will show off her skills first, right?"

[Huh? Do you catch on quickly? With Froxie-chan's skill, the fight will be over soon.]

"Well, I can more or less predict it. And the outcome. You won't be a match for me. The future is already decided."

With composure, Shizuku spoke as Froxie converted her mana into aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test