08 December 2023

Bottom Tier 38

Test

Amber, The Magician Of The Ancient Castle 2


"The Bleeding effect has worn off, so please cast [Dark Magic] again. I have an SP potion, so I'll go on the offensive boldly."

"Understood!"

I gulp down the SP potion and recover. 

I pondered what I would do if I were Amber. 

It was a meaningless thought, but it had become a habit—thinking about the most efficient way to handle situations. 

If I were Amber, I would crush the most annoying Thief, aka me with all my might. 

Abnormal statuses are bothersome, but above all, it's the uncertainty of the Thief's power that's troublesome. 

I can overpower others with my specs, so I'll deal with them later. However, the atmosphere is not leaning in that direction. 

With a thread, I approach Amber again.

"You blocked that with such ease? You're amusing!"

Amber, furious, targeted Wendy. 

It seems there's a difference between Amber with a personality and the one I control. 

The former has personal emotions, and being unable to defend against their proud attack magic offended them.

"Wendy, behind me!"

"Don't give me orders! I know!"

Unlike the system, because Amber has emotions chose Wendy as the target. 

Originally, I should be the target, but now I have no choice but to support. 

Thanks to that, I'm off guard. 

The Thief I would be most cautious of aka me, if I were Amber, is now free. 

Amber uses [Sword Lance] to blow Wendy away along with Chrome.

"It's coming, Chrome!"

"Shut up, I know!"

Chrom activates the Holy Knight's unique skill [Saint Force]—a skill that raises magical defense for himself and Wendy. 

Seeing that, Amber gathers magic and creates a giant sword-shaped spell. [Sword Lance] has homing capabilities due to its slow bullet speed, and its power slightly increases with distance.

The level difference, Amber's magic attack, skill abilities... 

Chrome is retreating little by little, intimidated. 

He's starting to create some distance.

Oh no! This slight increase in power could make all the difference!

"Don't retreat, Chrome! Forward—!"

It's useless; he can't hear me. 

To redirect the target to me, I quickly launch an attack. 

Just before that, Ao-chan's [Dark Magic] activates. 

I create a momentary opening with [Deception], but Amber doesn't stop.

I use [Pyrotechnics] and deal fire attribute damage.

<Dealt 6 fire damage to Amber>

<Amber is Bleeding>

<Amber takes 10 damage from Bleeding>

<Amber got Burn>

<Amber takes 13 damage from Burn>

<Amber's Poison turns into Severe Poison>

<Amber takes 33 damage from Severe Poison>

However, the level difference is too great, and Amber doesn't falter. 

The target doesn't shift to me. 

I repeatedly use [Thief's Expertise].

<Stole [Potion] from Amber, dealing 33 damage to SP>

<Dealt 33 damage to Amber's SP>

<Dealt 33 damage to Amber's SP>

<Dealt 33 damage to Amber's SP>

<Dealt 33 damage to Amber's SP>

Even with this, it doesn't stop...!

"Turn to dust!"

Amber unleashes the charged attack of [Sword Lance]. 

Chrome takes it head-on with his shield.

"Ugooooooo!?"

He's resisting, but he's gradually being eroded by the attack. 

And—what I feared happened without warning. 

Chrome, who succumbed to tremendous pressure, is lifted into the air. He's blown away, shield and all.

...Wendy, who remained behind, took a direct hit.

The enormous tip pierces Wendy's body, crucifying her against the wall. The intense light of the attack magic paints the entire area.

""Wendy!?""

Isaac and Quentin exclaimed simultaneously. 

Wendy had vanished without a trace, leaving only the marks of a massive attack.

"Is this a joke...?"

As Isaac knelt in astonishment, Quentin, his face flushed with anger, glared at Amber.

"I won't forgive you, damn it!"

"Calm down! Even if we fight head-on, you're a Magic Swordsman—"

Amber's inferiority is also his inferiority. 

In every aspect, Amber is superior in skills and abilities. 

At a time like this, Chrome, which has a centripetal force, is falling apart and collapsing.

"Hehehe. Ahahaha. Weakness is a sin. Pitiful, oh so pitiful... Ahahaha!"

"I'll kill you!"

Quentin imbued his sword with Dark magic and with bloodshot eyes.

He approached Amber.

"A Magic Swordsman who can perform reasonably well at any range... you can do anything."

Suddenly, Amber praised Quentin.

"However, 'being able to do anything' means 'being unable to do anything.' Just a half-hearted individual. Hehehe."

Quentin, catching Amber off guard, unleashed an elemental attack. 

But she easily evaded it.

"I'll slash your face into a pulp!"

Following that, Quentin unleashed his [Slash] skill at close range.

As a retort, Amber also activated the same skill.

"[Slash]!"

When the skills collided, Amber's attack swallowed Quentin's [Slash].

In the next moment, Quentin and his skill got completely obliterated.

"I dislike vulgar men."

Speechless, a sense of despair, absent from the game, slowly crawled up from the ground.

Three allies have fallen.

Chrome shows no sign of getting up.

Only Isaac, who seems to have lost the will to fight, and I are left.

Taking Ao-chan's hand, who is standing in a daze with despair, I snap her back to reality.

"Teacher! If you space out, I'll kiss you!"

"Eh, eeeeeeeh!?"

Stammering, flustered, Ao-chan.

Alright, she's back to her usual self.

"We've deviated significantly from the initial plan. Please withdraw, Sensei, even if it's just you. I'll draw attention by taking the target."

There are still shadows wandering inside the castle, but it's much better than remaining here. 

Ao-chan isn't a beginner who needs me to guide her every step of the way anymore.

However, Ao-chan shook her head in response to my suggestion.

"If you're withdrawing, I'll go with you. Minato-kun, I'm sure you plan to stay until the very end."

Did she figure it out?

"Poison, burn, bleed... do as much as you like. I wonder which is faster, me landing a hit or you?"

Amber's composed and confident smile is the expression of an overwhelmingly powerful person. 

Even in this situation, I had been making a certain calculation in the back of my mind. 

Despite feeling discouraged, when I calm down and think, there's only one path left.

Or should I say, the only thing I had left to do.

There was to make a move for a comeback—.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test