20 November 2023

Seeker 238

Test

Chapter 238. Children's Quarrel


After leaving Gerald-san's place, I reunited with Kazane-san and Yuzuki. 

I shared the story I heard from Gerald-san with them.

"...that's the story."

"I see. Well, I can understand the feelings, but still. I understand, but..."

"But it's still fundamentally discrimination. It has nothing to do with Myarla."

"Yeah, you're right."

It seemed that Kazane-san and Yuzuki felt somewhat similar to me. 

The events Gerald-san talked about could be seen as a tragedy for one family, deserving of sympathy.

For the involved parties, the impact might be much greater than we could imagine. 

However, even so, it had nothing to do with Myarla. 

Blaming Myarla for the actions of another cat-eared woman seemed unjust.

By the way, I hadn't told Myarla about this story. 

It seemed to go against Gerald-san's wishes.

Myarla, on the other hand, was once again boldly talking to Gerald-san. 

Of course, Gerald-san responded with extreme coldness and insults. 

It was irritating that Myarla persisted in talking to him, even though he had made it clear he didn't want any involvement.

Still, why? A girl so honest and cute was treating him kindly. 

What more could he want? Spoiled brat. Apologize to me from before I became a Seeker.

Although I knew it wasn't about that, irrelevant thoughts crossed my mind.

"But Myarla is quite patient, huh? If it were me, I would have exploded a long time ago."

"Yeah, really. But I wonder if Myarla is reaching her limit soon. There seemed to be signs of it."

While Kazane-san and Yuzuki were exchanging such impressions, something happened.

Myarla, who had been following Gerald-san, suddenly stopped.

Left behind by the other Holy Knight, the beast girl stood frozen, clenching her fists tightly and trembling.

And then...

"That's enough-nya! I don't care about Gerald-san anymore-nya! If you hate me that much. Just keep on hating me-nya!"

With tears in her eyes, Myarla shouted angrily at Gerald-san.

It was the first time Myarla had denied Gerald-san, no matter how disdainfully he treated her.

Kazane-san and Yuzuki sighed and said, "Ahh.", watching the scene. 

I, too, felt that it had finally come to this.

On the other hand, Gerald-san, upon hearing Myarla's shout, finally stopped. Then, with a cold glance, he turned around and replied to Myarla.

"Have you finally understood, you fool? It took you this long to understand the one thing I hate about you."

Ignoring Myarla, who was crying, Gerald-san continued alone.

Well, I'm not so sure. It seemed there was a slight hint of disturbance.

Meanwhile, Myarla, still standing in place, continued to sob.

Your Majesty Eldrick, isn't this a tactical mistake? 

It's not our fault, is it? Or did you calculate all this? And deliberately assigned those 2 to the same mission?

I didn't know, but it seemed that the rift had deepened.

Yet, Myarla was indeed a full-fledged Holy Knight. 

She wiped away her tears, regained her composure, and began to walk to continue the mission.

Right before me, the Griffin in its small version size flapped its wings and tilted its head, making a "Kupi?" sound.

The mission continued after that.

After advancing for a while, we encountered a group of Ghouls again.

There were more this time, at least 10.

Although they weren't formidable opponents, we took some time to eliminate them due to being attacked from both sides.

During the battle, even then.

"Ngh...!? Beastkin, don't get in my way! Don't stand behind me!"

"Haa~!? Don't backstep without looking around-nya! You're the one being annoying-nya!"

"W-what did you say, you beastly creature...! Guh...!"

"Haha, you're an idiot-nya! Because you were looking away, you got caught by the ghoul—nya!"

Gerald-san and Myarla, the two Holy Knights, were performing poorly. Gerald-san continued to insult Myarla, and Myarla, having had enough, returned the insults. 

Due to this, they both made uncommon mistakes and ended up getting caught by the Ghouls's paralyzing claws. 

They not only failed to coordinate. But also got in each other's way.

Are you guys children? 

Did you get recognized for your personality in the test or something? 

Where did that go? 

While they can handle the fight, if it were an ordinary unit, there might have been a chance of complete annihilation. 

Could it be that they're being pampered?

"Haa... Daichi-kun, isn't that a bit too much?"

"Yeah, I also think so. If you did something like that during work, you'd be kneeling in the kitchen for a scolding."

"No, you shouldn't do that where customers can hear... But well, yeah. It does seem a bit excessive."

After the battle, while picking up magic stones, I discussed such matters with Kazane-san and Yuzuki. 

That's definitely not acceptable as working adults. 

Or is there no decent adult among the Awakened Ones in this world? Occasionally, there are. 

Well, there are quite a few terrible ones, though.

 But thinking about it calmly, it might have been better that they were flawed from the beginning.

"Daichi-kun."

"Senpai."

Kazane-san and Yuzuki looked at me with hopeful eyes. 

Even the Griffin made a "Kupi, Kupi!" sound as if urging me for something.

I'm not their superior or anything. 

Oh well.

"All right, I'll go again. Don't expect any results."

I sighed heavily and tried to head back to the two Holy Knights. However, Wind Sound called out to me.

"Oh, but wait a moment, Daichi-kun. There's something about Gerald-san's attitude that bothers me."

"Something bothering you?"

"Yeah. How do I put it... Gerald-san seems a bit embarrassed about Myarla."

"Oh, I thought the same. It feels like he's intentionally being curt to hide his embarrassment."

Gerald-san is embarrassed when dealing with Myarla...? 

What's that about?

With this somewhat unclear information in hand, I headed back to the Holy Knights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test