18 November 2023

Seeker 237

Test

Chapter 237. NTR (Cuckold)


Well, let the mission "Talk to Gerald-san" begin.

No, that's a lie.

There's no such mission, and there are no experience points to be gained, but somehow it feels like it.

I chased after Gerald-san, who was walking alone, in quick steps.

Soon, I caught up and matched my pace diagonally behind him, very close.

Gerald-san only glanced briefly in my direction, then turned forward again, silently continuing.

Silence ensued.

Yeah, I have no idea how to approach him. 

I can't figure out what to say.

If I speak carelessly, I can see being annoying.

I thought my communication skills had improved after becoming a seeker and experiencing various things.

But apparently, it was just my imagination.

Did Myarla endure this pressure and boldly approach him?

I admire her a bit.

"Daichi-kun, right?"

"Ah, yes."

Surprisingly, Gerald-san spoke to me first.

His attitude is blatantly different from when talking to Myarla.

"What's your relationship with that... Kazane, was it? I thought she was a woman who speaks frankly, but you seem to be very favorable to her. Are you dating her?"

"Uh, well... yes. She's an amazing girlfriend for me."

Why is he asking such a thing? Maybe he likes casual conversation.

Thinking such, it's good that the conversation is happening.

So I'll answer honestly.

"I see. And another one, Hotaru, was it? What about her? She seems quite fond of you too."

"Um... actually, she's my girlfriend too. Um, both of them are..."

It's hard to answer... 

When I think about it again, do I seem like a player?

I wonder how the Holy Kingdom views such things. 

Because they have a strict image, would this be a subject of criticism?

I worried about that, but...

"I see."

That's all Gerald said.

No words of criticism, especially. 

There was a considerable pause before the answer.

Maybe there was some conflict.

But after that, a fundamental question came.

"So, what do you think of them? Do you plan to use them as convenient playmates, discard them when you get bored, and move on to another woman?"

"That's not it!"

I inadvertently shouted out loud. 

When I hurriedly turned around, Kazane-san and the others were looking at me with curious expressions. 

The conversation with Gerald-san up to this point shouldn't have been audible to Kazane-san, Yuzuki, and Myarla.

I gestured to the women that it was nothing and then turned to Gerald-san again.

"That's really a misunderstanding. I think of Kazane-san and Yuzuki as the most important people. I know it might not be convincing to have 2 most important people. But..."

As I said this, I realized how absurd it sounded. 

Could it be that I'm actually a pretty strange person?

Waiting anxiously for a response, Gerald-san replied with these words.

"No, that's fine. I'm rather convinced. I didn't think you were the type of player. It was strange, but it makes sense. Well, that's if you're not lying."

"I'm not lying. I swear, it's the truth."

"Heh, understood. I'll believe you."

Gerald-san, who had been stern-faced since the mission began, smiled. 

Oh, what's this? Is it a good sign?

However, Gerald followed up with a warning.

"In that case, let me warn you. Be cautious of that beastwoman. Never betray the two women who care about you."

I was momentarily speechless. I hadn't expected to be told something like that.

"Be cautious of Myarla...? Did something happen with Myarla?"

I asked, and Gerald-san fell silent for a moment. 

We continued through the night forest in silence, illuminated by the lantern's light. Eventually, Gerald spoke again.

"Yeah, that's right. Let me tell you an old story. It's the tale of a family torn apart by a despicable act.…"

And with that, Gerald began a story about a child born into a certain family of Holy Knight.

The events that unfolded before them.

***

The boy was born into a reasonably affluent family in the Holy Kingdom.

His father was a Holy Knight, strict and disciplined. 

Though his mother was somewhat hot-tempered, she too possessed a stern demeanor, and the boy was raised with strict discipline.

"Stand up straight, face forward, do what is right, and learn to clearly state when something is wrong," 

Those were teachings engraved in the boy's heart by his father and mother. 

Despite their sternness, the boy liked his father for being strict and kind. 

At that time, he had little negative impression of his mother.

The boy's home was a happy one. 

However, everything changed at 1 point. 

Days passed without his father returning home. 

His father had mentioned having reasons.

But his mother relentlessly questioned him daily—especially at night., after the boy pretended to be asleep in his bedroom.

It seemed that his mother suspected his father of infidelity. 

Already prone to fits of anger, she would raise her voice particularly high when questioning his father. 

The sound of dishes breaking became a familiar occurrence to the boy.

Eventually, his father stopped coming home.

One of his father's colleagues from the Holy Knights visited, asking about his father's whereabouts. 

Both the boy and his mother had no idea where his father had gone. 

His mother, broken, lost her former strict demeanor, turning to alcohol.

She began verbally abusing and physically assaulting the boy.

At fifteen, already working to support himself, the boy didn't like his mother much, but he felt she wasn't entirely at fault. 

He struggled to care for her while trying to get through each day.

One day, the boy heard rumors about his father in town. 

His father had supposedly eloped with a beast person, a cat-eared woman. 

People said everyone knew about it, and he was the only one who didn't.

It was the first time the boy heard the term "NTR" (cuckold). 

Everyone in town talked about it, expressing disdain for beast people.

The boy understood why the town despised the beast people. 

However, it was hard for him to believe that his strict father would get tempted by such a woman and betray his mother. 

He suspected the beast woman must have used some deceitful means to exploit his father's weakness.

Eventually, due to excessive drinking, the boy's mother passed away.

Estranged from relatives, the boy found himself alone.

****

"──The boy awakened to the power of the Awakened when he was eighteen. He quit his previous job and became an adventurer... Well, there's no need to go into detail up to this point."

Gerald-san cut off his words there and let out a deep breath.

Occasionally, his voice trembled during the conversation. 

Perhaps he was angry. 

Then he directed his gaze at me and continued.

"I'll say it one more time. Be wary of beast women, especially those of the cat-eared tribe. It's even more so if they're cunning enough to captivate His Majesty. That tainted she-cat who infiltrated the Holy Knight Order, I will definitely eliminate her."

With that, Gerald-san seemed to consider the conversation concluded and went on his way alone. 

And, on the other hand.

"I see. I've got the gist of it." 

I muttered, then sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test