10 November 2023

Seeker 231

Test

Chapter 231. In The Reception Room


The capital of the Holy Kingdom, the royal castle, was far more magnificent than Count Flandir's residence (Aria-san's home) that we had visited before. 

Not only was it larger in scale, but it also featured intricate designs symbolizing authority.

In the castle courtyard, several skilled Awakened individuals adorned with Holy Knight Medals gathered, engaging in vigorous training. 

As Benedict-san passed by, the Holy Knights paused their practice, saluting respectfully. 

Benedict gestured for them to continue, paying no mind to our presence.

Curious gazes were directed at us, the adventurers accompanying the captain. 

While thinking to ourselves that we were just interdimensional travelers amid a Limit Break Event, we walked past.

Upon leaving the courtyard, we entered the interior of the royal castle.

Following the impressive halls, we were guided to the reception room.

After instructing us to wait for a while, Benedict-sam took his leave. 

A short time later, something happened.

The three of us were fidgeting in the lavish reception room adorned with authoritative furnishings and statues when there was a knock on the door.

"Excuse me, nya."

Entering the room was a beast person—a cat-ear girl. She held a tray with a teacup and sweets.

At first glance, she seemed incredibly cute and charming. 

She appeared to be around seventeen years old if she were human. 

She had fluffy, somewhat wavy chestnut-colored hair.

She has round, sparkling eyes, and a cute pair of protruding front teeth visible from her mouth. 

Her cat ears and the charmingly swaying cat tail made her even more endearing. 

Despite maintaining a hint of youthfulness, her well-proportioned figure was covered in easily movable clothing.

She proceeded to place the tea and sweets on the table. 

The beast girl has the Holy Knight Medal shining on her chest. 

While I was somewhat entranced by her presence, my cheeks got pinched from both sides.

"Hey, Daichi-kun."

"Senpai, your nose is twitching."

The culprits were, of course, Kazane-san and Yuzuki, who now gave me disapproving looks. 

Lately, my wives have been keeping a close eye on me. 

Can't they trust me a bit more? 

Well, maybe not. I can't even trust myself.

"...? Is something wrong-nya?"

"Uh, no, it's nothing. Thank you for the tea and sweets."

Kazane-san smiled and answered the beastman girl who looked at her curiously.

The beast girl returned the smile.

"Please wait a little longer-nya. As soon as the urgent audience is over, I will call for everyone-nya."

The beast girl politely bowed her head to us.

We naturally returned the gesture.

However, I couldn't shake off a slight sense of unease. 

The beast girl in front of me was undoubtedly a skilled Awakened One. Though she seemed young, I guessed she had reached level 25. 

In addition, judging by the Holy Knight Medal she wore, it was easy to imagine that she was a "Holy Knight."

Yet, despite all that...

"Do Holy Knights usually perform tasks like receiving guests?"

I asked the beast girl.

In this castle, there were also the figures of servants like maids and butlers. 

It seemed strange that someone regarded with authority, like a Holy Knight would handle such tasks.

The beast girl showed a momentary expression of sadness, then quickly put on a bright, smiling face.

"I don't think other Holy Knights would do this-nya. I... haven't really been acknowledged as a member of the Holy Knights yet-nya. But if I keep doing my best without giving up, I'm sure I'll be acknowledged someday, nya!"

The beast girl clenched her fist with determination. 

Then, she lowered her head and left the reception room.

Watching the door she exited from, Yuzuki muttered.

"Is she being bullied or something? Rebecca-san mentioned that cat-eared women find it hard to live in the human world."

I had similar thoughts. 

It seemed that no matter which world you were in, life could be tough.

After a while, enjoying the tea and sweets.

We were eventually summoned by another messenger. 

We were to be led to the audience room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test