06 November 2023

Seeker 228.2

Test

Chapter 228.2. To The Capital


I don't want that. Absolutely not.

With Kazane-san and Yumizuki, I will safely return to our original world.

I've renewed my determination to do so.

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any major danger in front of us.

Amid the pastoral scenery, we walk along the road.

By the time the sun is directly overhead, we spread out our sandwiches and drinks like a picnic in the shade and enjoy our lunchtime.

And after a few more hours of walking after lunch, we finally see what appears to be the capital city in the distance.

Even from a distance, it's larger than any city we've visited so far.

The stone walls that surround the city are also quite high, easily three times the height of a person.

There's a gate where the road meets the stone wall, and gatekeepers are checking those entering and leaving.

Towards the back of the city, we can see the impressive shape of a castle, and we can peer at the top from the top of the stone wall.

Eventually, we continue along the road and pass through the city gate.

As adventurers, we attract some level of attention.

But it seems Rebecca-san is familiar with the gatekeeper, and with her recommendation, we pay the entrance fee and safely enter the city.

We were given a casual warning: "Don't cause any trouble".

And as we pass through the gate... Ping!


───────────────────────

Mission of reaching a city with a population of over 30,000 Completed!

The entire party gains 10,000 experience points!

The mission of reach a city with a population of over 100,000 Unlocked (20,000 experience points)!

Musou Daichi levels up to 42!

Current experience points

Musou Daichi... 64,734/72,0298 (Next level: 7,2664)

Kodachi Kazane... 63,3926/63,7868 (Next level: 3,942)

Yuzuki Hotaru... 74,2301/81,3032 (Next level: 7,0731)

───────────────────────


As we enter the city, we receive a mission achievement notification.

Good, we're progressing smoothly with our missions.

On the other hand, Rebecca-san smiles at us and gives a small laugh.

"See, you're glad I'm with you, right? If it were just you boys, he might have delayed you even more, you know? Come on, you can thank me a lot!"

"Well, I guess you have a point. I'll forgive Rebecca-san for giving Daichi-kun the eye."

"That's right. It's a big favor, you know."

"Really!? So, maybe I should hug the boy again—"

"No, you can't!"

"Eh!?"

Rebecca-san showed a momentarily disappointed expression and then burst into laughter. Kazane-san and Yuzuki stood in front of me, setting up a barricade, and displayed an alert attitude, making sounds like "Hiss" and "Growl".

Am I some reward or something? Has my value gone up without me realizing it?

Despite such thoughts, we started walking along the main street of the city.

We navigated the crowded and bustling street, making sure not to bump into passersby.

The purpose of our visit to this city is to deliver a message from Unicorn of the World Tree to the king of this place, Holy King Eldrick, one of the 8 Heroes.

Where can we meet the king? Well, probably at that castle.

After going to the castle, what comes next... well, I guess we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it. But since Rebecca-san is here with us, I might as well ask her.

"Rebecca-san, we have something we want to tell the king. What should we do?"

I couldn't think of any roundabout way to phrase it, and I didn't feel the need for it, so I asked straightforwardly.

Rebecca stopped and looked puzzled.

"The king, you mean Holy King Eldrick...? Wait, who are you guys, after all?"

"Oh, well, it's not like we have any personal connection with the king. We were told by Unicorn of the World Tree in the Forest that they want something to be conveyed to the king here."

"Ugh...!? A message from Unicorn to the Holy King!?"

Rebecca-san shouted loudly and then hastily covered her mouth with her hand.

She glanced around fearfully, but the street was so noisy that Rebecca-san's voice didn't stand out much.

With a sigh of relief, we continued walking down the main street.

"Well, I don't really understand, but I've figured out that you guys are something special after all. Still, I don't have any connections to the king either. Hmm, for now, let's go to the castle. I know a shortcut, so follow me."

Rebecca-san said that and smoothly entered a narrow alley off the main street.

We followed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test