13 November 2023

Mob MC 343.1

Test

Chapter 343.1. Familiar Smiles


-Masatoshi's POV-

Masatoshi got dragged by the scruff of his neck by his father, moving through the castle. The floor, untouched by any scars thanks to the magic of [Preservation], caught his eye.

In the corridor, a large number of people were bustling about hurriedly. It was a lively and noisy atmosphere, like a dragon coming back to life.

"Everyone seems busy, don't they?"

Masatoshi, who had been slumping due to the shock of losing the main character route and his allowance until high school, managed to gather himself and escape from his father's grasp.

"I can walk on my own."

"Yeah. There are familiar bureaucrats too. I guess His Majesty the Emperor called them all at once. Those who have been distant lately."

"You heard about the Emperor getting manipulated and came back, right? Won't this become a scandal, this story?"

Glancing around nervously, I asked in a low voice. It was quite a scandal if the country's top figure had been mentally manipulated. Wouldn't the Emperor's authority be tarnished?

"The Royal Guards told us boldly at the main entrance. They don't intend to hide it. It's a simple story. They probably weighed it against bringing back the talent that had left in the current situation."

Without worrying about the bureaucrat guiding us to the Emperor, my father explained without lowering his voice, shrugging his shoulders. 

I panicked, wondering if it was okay to say such things in the Royal Palace, but the bureaucrats glanced at them and left without much interest.

"Even if they try to hide the fact that he got manipulated and bring him back, nobody will gather around the Emperor who has recently fallen out of favor due to his recent actions. I was cautious about today's summons too."

"Haha... So you plan to regain the fallen authority later?"

"Yeah. From now on, it will be tough with the power struggle among nobles led by Marchioness Takanono. Taking that into consideration, he's trying to restore politics. I think."

My father continued to make sharp analyses as always. Although my magic might surpass my father's, I felt completely inferior in these matters. Moreover, is it okay to openly talk about such things in the Royal Palace? 

I awakened my ability [Small Thing] buried in the depths of his heart, behaving suspiciously, as if saying, I'm a suspicious person.

"At this point, there's no one paying attention or bureaucrats frowning in dissatisfaction. That's the reality of the Royal Palace."

"Father... Would you stop using such a bold confirmation method?"

If he seemed unusually bold, it seemed he had been thinking about such things. In the royal court intrigues and demons lurked. Could he really go on like this?

"In that case, I'll be the one to pay attention. Duke Aguni, this is the Emperor's home. It would be wise to choose your words carefully."

"Ugh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. My father was suddenly called out while he was drinking and getting drunk. It hurts..."

As a deep, commanding voice from a middle-aged man called out from behind, I hastily turned around, intending to make excuses. I didn't want his family to be ruined by a charge of disrespect due to my father's actions.

However, before I could say anything, my father mercilessly smacked me on the head. It was quite painful.

"Isn't this Marquis Teijou? What happened earlier was just a guess. Please don't mind it too much."

"Next time, I won't let it slide."

The one who spoke was Marquis Teijou. With his usual stern expression and an air of unwavering dignity, he exuded an imposing presence. Dressed in a well-fitted ceremonial kimono, he stood next to the refined Teijou Mashiro.

"It seems we got summoned with our eldest sons. Should we be glad about it?"

"I would like to believe it's heading in a positive direction. That His Majesty the Emperor was under mental manipulation..."

Marquis Teijou's face twisted into an expression as if he had bitten a bitter insect. As someone who swore loyalty to the Emperor, he must have regretted not being able to prevent the recent events.

"Then, let's go together to an audience with His Majesty the Emperor."

"Yes."

Following the guide in front, we four walked together. It seemed it wasn't for an audience.

Upon reaching a room with a plate that read "First Office", the guide knocked on the door. A voice replied, allowing us to enter, and we stepped inside.

"Thank you for coming, Duke Aguni, Marquis Teijou. I'm a bit curious about the heavy armament, but I can guess the reason. So I won't ask."

The room was surprisingly spacious for an office. Though it was my first time entering, there was a sleek desk with a computer and a few documents stacked. What made it unusual was not only the four sets of office furniture, but the room was also as expansive as a hotel reception lobby.

At the desk, the owner of rainbow-colored hair, the current Emperor Genshin Nobunaga, welcomed us with a smile.

Glancing around the room, I noticed my beloved fiancée, Sana, and the gray-haired girl devouring a strawberry shortcake.

"Duke Aguni, thank you for coming in response to the Emperor's summons, along with your son."

"Marquis Teijou, thank you for coming in response to the Emperor's summons, along with your son."

"Thank you for coming. I've been waiting for both of you. There's a lot to do. We plan to sell off the unnecessarily accumulated military expenses and the assets of Kanna Dukedom to each noble. The recovery of lost authority and the workload ahead are substantial."

Just hearing about it made the workload seem overwhelming. It wasn't just the quantity; the nature of the tasks was challenging too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test