11 November 2023

Mob MC 341.1

Test

Chapter 341.1. Drowning In Self-Loathing


"You want to fix Nobunaga-kun?."

"You knew it after all!"

"Yeah, sorry, Se-chan. I noticed, of course."

In the reception room of the Royal Palace, Mii-chan apologizes to Sena with an awkward expression. She slams the table with her hand, and Sena gets angry.

"It wasn't something Mii-chan did, so I was thinking of leaving it alone for a while."

"Your brother is in a daily downward spiral, and it's hard to see the bottom... I did think it was a convenient situation for Mii-chan."

"Yeah, it was very convenient. I didn't care about the power struggles among the nobles."

I answer honestly to Seina, who sighs with a vacant gaze. I had reconsidered and reflected after the conversation with mama. 

I decided to stop progressing the story like a game. Despite saying I didn't want to be manipulated by the threads of fate, she had been faithfully following the game story!

When I came to this world, she had sworn to cherish her family, but I had completely forgotten her goals lately. 

I know the cause. When I decided again to live as a human and synchronized with others, I regained all memories of my past life. It was to prevent such things, but I completely forgot and foolishly made god-like moves.

I initially thought I wasn't God. I'm repenting a lot.

People here are not NPCs. If Nobunaga-kun makes reckless moves against Mii-chan, many people will become sacrifices.

In the past, I thought it was okay as long as there were no deaths to recover, but that's not the case. If I get hurt, it hurts, and people around me worry. 

Because she's human. Mi-chan is human, and she remembered that for the first time after a while. It's all thanks to mama. She also went to apologize to papa later. He gently stroked her head and forgave her.

I decided not to take the method where sacrifices are inevitable. I decided to think of a plot where no sacrifices would occur.

Why am I not giving up on plotting? Well, of course not. That's because I'm a high-ranking noble. If I act like a good person, the lions will devour me.

Just because I became human doesn't mean I become a Saint. Because being human means doing both good and bad things!

However, I decided to make generally kind choices, so I came to the Royal Palace to cure Nobunaga-kun.

"So, you want Mii-chan to cast recovery magic on Nobunaga-kun, but can Mii-chan get close? He hates Mii-chan, right?"

"He'll come right away, I think. Actually, I was planning to ask, and, oh, he seems to have come."

When the door was knocked, the door opened, and the Prime Minister holding a bundle showed up.

"Phew, I'm glad. It seems we can cure His Majesty. We're really grateful."

The Prime Minister throws down the bundle with a thud and smiles pleasantly.

Of course, Nobunaga-kun was inside the bundle. Even though he's a skilled magician, they managed to bundle him up quite well.

"I'm the Emperor, Re-su. Ahahaha."

"We got some flaming liquor from Marchioness Takano. It's said to be a magic drink that even Teijou-dono at that Royal Palace gets drunk on. Wahaha."

It seems that a coup d'état has occurred. They must have been quite concerned... I'm sorry about that.

[God Heal]

A mysterious light envelops Nobunaga. The caterpillar Nobunaga-kun, who was happily dancing the caterpillar dance, suddenly stops moving.

"Uhaa, more sake. Give me lots of sake... Ha!"

As Nobunaga-kun, now sober and recovered from intoxication, speaks, everyone watches nervously, swallowing their saliva. In the midst of their attention, the caterpillar Nobunaga coughs.

"Elder brother... Are you okay now? Do you intend to give a sign of abdication to me? Marchioness Takano healed your head for me."

"Does it sound incredibly rude, or is it just my imagination? It's okay; I've come to my senses. Thank you, Marchioness Takano. And, could someone untie me? I won't charge you with disrespect."

As everyone watches Nobunaga-kun calmly answering, they all heave a sigh of relief.

Huh? Something seems unusual about Sena... No, did he return to normal? Well, whatever. There's no need to be bound by the fate of the original work.

Mii-chan can't bear that much responsibility. After all, she's human! She's not an all-knowing, all-powerful god!

Untied from the straw mat, Nobunaga-kun sits on the sofa and drinks the coffee brought by a maid. For Mii-chan, please add some shortcakes to the coffee.

"Do you understand the situation, Your Majesty?"

When the Prime Minister, representing everyone, speaks, Nobunaga nods while stroking his rainbow-colored hair with his hand.

"I understand. I acted on my own will. At that time, I didn't think I was getting manipulated, and even now, I can't believe why my past self did such things."

"Oh, I see. However, even if the mental manipulation is lifted, thinking about it that way is frightening."

The Prime Minister wipes his forehead with a handkerchief, exhaling a sigh of relief. Those around him also seem relieved. It seems it was quite an outrageous act.

"Elder brother... Aren't you going to say anything about yourself? You were very cool. It seemed to have a good reception among the people."

To the affectionate smile from Sena, Nobunaga-kun responds with a smile and shifts his gaze to Mii-chan.

"Thank you, Marchioness Takano. It seems Sena has returned to normal, and I'm relieved. She has become a well-behaved good girl without me realizing it. Apparently, people thought I was not following trending articles."

Trending articles? Sena has returned to normal? I have no idea what they're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test