13 November 2023

Earth Dungeon 95.2

Test

Chapter 95.2. Goods


[Rather than earning through cores, construction work and selling vegetables seem to be more profitable, right?]

Shizuku says this with a wry smile, and she's right. Fields are expanding, and crops are plentiful. People are needed to build structures, and well, who goes for the cheap core collection?

"Ugh... Why don't monster materials have any practical use? Well, that's probably why the country went bankrupt. That's getting all twisted... Well, can't be helped. Let's throw D Cores into the rewards. Right now, Shadow Tigers and the others can easily beat Goblin Knights. But it's parasitic, isn't it?"

In a world coexisting with dungeons, creating something akin to adventurers seems impossible for now.

"We need to raise the minimum wage. At least on par with other jobs."

[When the economy gets better, this kind of thing happens. It's troublesome.]

I can only respond with a wry smile to Shizuku, who's happily floating around. 

Truly troublesome.

"...Well, in that case, let's increase the working hours. If D Cores are the reward, let's make it a full-day commitment. We'll somehow manage that way."

When that side stands up, we don't stand up. We're in trouble. If nothing else, we need warriors who can defeat D-rank monsters. We'll think about that problem later. If the daily pay exceeds 30,000 yen, everyone will focus on monster subjugation.

"Now, shall we go fix the broken breakwater blocks?"

Regaining focus, I decided to take action regarding the recently discovered issue. The concrete has started to break.

[Drying alone won't make concrete; I didn't know that for the first time.]

Shizuku doesn't know about crafting. I didn't know either.

"I didn't know either... If we drain the water and let it dry, won't it become concrete? I was wondering what this item was."

It started crumbling for some reason, so I was curious and researched it at the bookstore in the inner city. To my surprise, concrete doesn't dry; it crystallizes through a chemical reaction.

I call up the equivalent exchange store and select an item.

[E Core x10: Magic Hydration Agent. An essential item for alchemy that promotes crystallization, ripening, etc., under optimal conditions in 10 hours. No effect on living beings.]

When browsing the item list under performance value changes, I found this item. I couldn't understand it before because there was no explanation, but now I do.

"Uh-oh, there were reports that the breakwater blocks were crumbling from the edges. I wondered why. And leather is bad too. Will it rot?"

I won't franchise the Magic Hydration Agent. It's not that great of an item. I use a lot of it myself.

With a clanking sound, crystals the size of a pinkie finger come out of the Equivalent Exchange Store. I take out a considerable amount and stuff them into my pocket. 

That's a little show of the power of a magician.

Now, shall we go for repairs? I start preparing to leave, sighing.

Descending to the lower floor, I quickly walk towards the breakwater blocks. Despite their neat alignment, cracks have already formed. It's a relief, considering it's before constructing the building. Really dodged a bullet there.

Ryuko and the others are looking at the breakwater blocks with concern. They notice me walking over and greet me.

"Hello, Mr. President. Um, it seems this didn't go well..."

She says it awkwardly, but it's not Ryuko's fault. I took on the task of effortlessly creating it with magic, after all. This time, it's also a magical tool.

"I'll fix it right away. [Solidify] skill activate!"

Releasing mana, creating effects, and discreetly pressing the crystals, they vanish as if being sucked in. Oh, what a fantasy scene.

"You acquired the [Solidify] skill!"

Ryuko and the surrounding people jump in surprise. Well, skills are a self-declaration system. I'll claim to have the [Solidify] skill.

"For buildings and leather, I can solidify... Oh!"

While talking, the cracks disappear, and I'm astonished. Seriously? Why?

"I see! Because it crystallizes under optimal conditions... I can crystallize deteriorated concrete and such again!"

"Huh? Mr. President, didn't you know your skill?"

Ryuko tilts her head curiously, looking at me.

"Oh, I used it for the first time. Huh, so it works like this. Interesting."

Can I fix all the cracks with this? This item is more useful than I expected.

"I'll go around and fix the cracks in the main office building. See you later!"

It might become a beautiful building. I can't handle things like steel frames, but it will still be much better.

Smiling, I take the Magic Hydration Agent and dash off. This might be a lucky find.

Even though I'm a middle-aged guy, I can't help but feel excited. This is what you call a fantasy item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test