25 November 2023

Earth Dungeon 102.2

 Test

Chapter 102.2. Winter's Arrival


Staring at me with a fixed gaze without saying anything, she blushed, perhaps feeling embarrassed. It seems she realized that she was pushing herself too hard. Unlike Serika, she's quite adept at such things, so she should stop.

[I understand, Sakimorisan. I've heard of Snow Slimes. It's a dungeon where the appearing monsters are mostly Snow Slimes and Frost Tree Ice. It's a vast dungeon formed by the fusion of several dungeons, like an anthill. The danger level is D rank... but if a Special appears, it becomes S rank.]

[It seems like those in the inner town haven't seen a Special before. If it appears, won't the inner town be in danger?]

It surprised me that it was S rank, but I kept it to myself, trying not to show it on my face. The danger level seems too high.

[It's not a flag, but there are certain conditions, so a Special will never appear. And if you wear cold-resistant clothing like you're going on a trip to the North Pole, it's a piece of cake.]

"[Wouldn't Shizuku-san's level of easy victory be the normal difficulty level for ordinary people?]

The floating Shizuku spoke with a heavy breath, but is it really that easy?

"Is it some amazing magic tool or material? Karin."

"Beautiful nyannyan."

"..."

"..."

We exchanged glances and waited for the continuation of the conversation, but Karin continued to smile.

"Is that all?"

"It will decay and disappear in about six months-nya."

Seeing the cat girl's strained expression, I had a pretty good guess. It's an unpleasant expectation, but I think it's correct.

"Is it some trophy? A rich person's hobby?"

It's useless and beautiful. That's all.

"That's right-nya. There's also a bookmaker-nya. Thirty-two clans send representatives to compete for snowflakes without firearms-nya. It started six years ago-nya."

"Foolish. Rich people don't know what to do. What if they die?"

I shook my head in amazement. Are they doing something like that? Maybe they have too much money, and their heads got messed up. In any world, some people do meaningless things.

It seems like winter entertainment. Like watching gladiators fight in the coliseum.

"So considering that only 30 families will participate this year-nya."

"Well, that's understandable. No one wants to do something stupid like letting a skilled person die for no reason."

Shingen looked bitter, and a little girl offered me meat with chopsticks. I also ate the offered meat while feeling awkward. 

But soon, I became inwardly bitter about the content that we were two families short. That's different. It's not that they didn't come out. Couldn't they come out?

"So, of the remaining two slots, one slot will be filled by Serika's Kamishiro family, meow."

"She was set up, right? Does she have strong people with private soldiers?"

"Oh, it's not for crushing the upstarts."

The remaining slot is predictable, but one slot is taken to crush Serika. It seems like that guy Serika is running on a fast track to success.

"If you refuse to participate here, it may be considered a problem with military strength, and you may not be able to have a security company. So, please, Sakimori."

Karin clasped her hands together and prayed.

"If it's a spectator event, does it come with cameras?"

"Yes-nya. Each person will wear a camera during the event-nya."

I'm placing my hand on my chin and contemplating. The disadvantages of my participation are uncertain, but if Serika can't have a security company, it might affect the fuel supply for my armored vehicles, jeeps, and other industrial machinery. Plus, Fuuka doesn't seem particularly useful. She ultimately relies on Serika, that elf girl.

And then there's the fact that everyone would see me. I don't like that. But I can't use the makeup ring either. The connection with Shizuku and the ownership status of magic tools might be questioned. Well, the connection with Shizuku is already under suspicion for sure.

As for the advantages...

"The prize money is 1 billion yen-nya. You can even bet on yourself in the bookmaker-nya. If you participate, I'll give you a separate 1 billion-nya."

Karin curved her mouth into a cat-like smile. Upon hearing the amount, I was surprised and accidentally splashed tofu from the pot onto Hana's face. She screamed, and Hana rolled around noisily but eventually ate quietly.

[Sakimori-san, the Snow Slime dungeon is a fusion of several dungeons. In other words, there are a lot of dungeon cores.]

[Oh, that might be good. It's a chance to get a lot of dungeon cores.]

Shizuku's information is intriguing. That sounds good.

"Wouldn't you come out with me? The prize money can all be yours, Sakimori."

Wriggling her body, Karin looks up at me with upturned eyes, but there's probably a catch. The fact that Serika herself didn't come to ask is suspicious. She's the type to see a pinch as an opportunity.

[Sakimori-san and Serika-chan are quite similar in that regard. It means you're completely incompatible.]"

Dr. Shizuku establishes her theory that people of the same cunning type are completely incompatible. Her convincing statement is undermined by her cute pursed lips.

"Fine. In exchange, Karin, you'll follow my instructions. Also, all items are mine. In that case, I'll participate."

"Great! That's good-nya. It's just a rich person's pastime-nya. Just defeat the enemies however you like-nya."

Karin, who is delighted, smiles broadly, and I respond with a cynical laugh.

Well then, let's do our best haphazardly. Of course, I won't aim for victory. I'll ask Karin to wear inconspicuous clothing.

[It's like a bonus stage, Sakimori-san.]

[I want to create a unit that can earn cores during the winter. It's just right, isn't it?]

Don't turn this into a comedy routine, and other participants, rest assured.

I won't aim for victory, so it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test