02 November 2023

Bottom Tier 22

Test

Day Drinking And Ao-chan's Scent


"Formidable opponent—defeated! Ahhhh!"

Yay! Ai-chan seeks a high-five from me.

We clap our hands together, basking in the afterglow of victory.

When we defeated Arachne, she hugged me, overwhelmed with emotion.

It seems Ao-chan has become accustomed to defeating enemies with me like this.

We head from the grand hall towards the RP and take a break on the sofa.

"SP Up... What's that?"

It seems Ao-chan also obtained the same item.

Usually, in a party, the same item should drop, but it's not guaranteed.

"It raises your SP cap. Let's use it."

I take two bottles from my inventory and drink both.

It tastes like an energy drink.

Now, my SP cap has increased by six.

Ao-chan holds her bottle and seems lost in thought.

"Sensei?"

"I'm getting scared all of a sudden... It's weird, right? Haha..."

She forced a smile, concealing the faint tears at the corners of her eyes.

"Maybe the adrenaline during battle made it not bother you."

You could call it a survival instinct.

If she had cowered in fear at that moment, she and I would have died.

"Perhaps."

Her hands, holding the bottle, tremble slightly.

I place my hand on top of hers.

"When we report the quest, we'll get a pretty good reward. Let's take a break for a while."

"No, I'm okay."

"It's not about you. It's more that I want a break. We've been fighting non-stop, and I want some relaxation."

I lie to ensure Ao-chan doesn't feel guilty.

"Alright, let's do that."

I'm thinking of taking a break for about 2 weeks. 

But if Ao-chan loses her passion for adventuring, it might be best to go separate ways at that time.

As much as I want to protect her, I don't want to expose her to any more danger too.

While lost in thought, our recovery finishes, and we leave the Sky Castle.

"We've confirmed the completion of all five quests at the Sky Castle. Please receive your rewards."

Ao-chan and I collect our rewards at the guild.

This reward when combined with the Lin we earned from defeating the enemies, brings the total to nearly 400,000.

Ao-chan, sitting next to me, was counting money with a mischievous smile.

"8, 9, 10... Hehe."

Counting money makes people make weird faces, apparently.

Ao-chan has the title that gives her money when I succeed in stealing.

She should have more funds than me.

"So, just a one-week break from adventuring?"

"Yes, I'm fine with it, but..."

"Yeah, let's do that. I want to get drunk for 3 days... No, maybe 5? I might be able to handle 6 days..."

Ao-chan is squinting, probably weighing the amount of alcohol and the severity of a hangover on her scale.

Since I was feeling hungry, we entered the dining hall and ordered some food.

Sitting across from me, Ao-chan seems carefree, showing interest in other customers' orders.

"What will you do during this one-week break, Minato-kun?"

"I'll just take it easy."

I suggested taking a break to clear her mind, so I didn't have a specific goal.

"How about trying some drinks, Minato-kun? It's a break from tomorrow, after all! ♡"

"I'm not really..."

"You'll get used to it, Minato."

"Sensei, that's called alcohol pressure, you know?"

"There's no such thing in this world."

A mischievous smile plays on Ao-chan's lips.

Her childlike qualities make her even more charming.

"Hey, hey, just a little bit. Just one sip. Please, come on. Right?"

Ao-chan puts her hands together, striking an adorable pleading pose. It's too unfair.

In my head, the conveniently cut phrase "come on" keeps repeating.

"If it's just a little bit, well, maybe..."

"You said 'maybe'. So it's a yes, right?"

"What do you think? If I get drunk, please take care of me."

"Minato-kun, you're usually a calm and cool character, right?"

"Is that so?"

"That's how you appear. So, I was curious about how you'd be when you've had a drink."

"I won't take responsibility, okay?"

Ao-chan gives a thumbs-up with a bright smile.

"Don't worry. People can handle alcohol differently."

I'm starting to worry if this person was okay as a working adult.

"I guess it's not bad to let yourself go in the sea of alcohol. Ride the wave or drown. It's up to you."

Please stop saying irresponsible things with such a stern face.

"If you put it that way... Then let's raise a toast today to celebrate completing the quest."

"Waiter, bring all kinds of alcohol over here!"

"Huh!?"

All kinds, you said?

Looking at the menu, even though it's a dining hall, there were about 10 varieties.

"You can try various ones and maybe find the one you like?"

"You're going overboard."

"If you can't drink, I'll drink it. Besides, I'll cover the bill."

"Not that... It's still daytime, sensei."

Ao-chan shakes her index finger, no, no.

"Drinking from noon and getting drunk is also a unique way of enjoying things, you know?"

So, Ao-chan, could you please stop saying irresponsible things with such a stern face?

A variety of alcohol arrives in large quantities on the table.

As we use the ordered dishes as snacks, I take a sip from the glass Ao-chan hands me.

"This one seems easy to drink."

"Yeah, it does."

It doesn't have that kick like the last time I drank. 

It tastes like alcohol, but if I didn't know, it could pass for juice.

"But it has a high alcohol content, so be careful."

Then, as the alcohol kicks in, Ao-chan and I start talking. 

It begins with our adventures but drifts into discussions about the other world and even stories about our relationships.

"That teacher, the way he looked at me was creepy. Like he was thinking dirty thoughts right now."

"That teacher, girls said he was creepy too."

"Oh, really!?"

We get carried away with gossip from that world and burst into laughter together.

Is this what it feels like to get pleasantly drunk? 

I feel kind of fuzzy and light-headed, and it's oddly enjoyable.

My speech is becoming increasingly slurred.

Even though I'm talking, it's as if words are coming out of my mouth without passing through my brain.

Ao-chan responds, but her thinking seems to have stopped.

Before I know it, I'm walking through the city, leaning on Ao-chan, and the city is bathed in the glow of the sunset.

And then, as my consciousness becomes hazy, I wake up next in what appears to be an inn room.

The view outside the window is bright.

Wait... Wasn't it evening just now?

I tilt my head and observe the city's surroundings. 

It seems to be morning now.

Ao-chan isn't nearby.

She got a separate room for herself.

But I can faintly smell her scent on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test