24 October 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 111

Test

Resuming Exploration


"Hmm... Looks quite challenging over there."

The next day.

While heading to the newly created dungeon with Silphy and reading the news on my smartphone about it, I came across a photo of Kanzaki-san and Shinomiya-san.

There were pictures of other members who were likely exploring the dungeon, but all of their faces looked lifeless.

The rear guard members seemed relatively fine, but those with front-line equipment, including Kanzaki-san, truly looked lifeless.

Well, it makes sense considering they faced the front lines against the G and had their weapons melted. 

Additionally, if the front-liners fall, they get exposed to the G's toxins and bodily fluids.

In such an environment, it's not surprising that they look like that... 

Yeah.

"Well, there's nothing I can do about this, and Kanzaki and the others have to do their best..."

"Wow, these people are incredible. Even I, who has lived for quite a while, rarely see faces like that." 

Silphy said as she looked at the smartphone article with a grimace.

"Yeah, it's the G's toxins and bodily fluids. There's really no other way to describe it but as the worst."

"Oh, thinking about it gives me chills..."

"Yeah, I probably won't end up like that since I won't get too close, but those people are really going through a lot..."

"Hey..."

With that said, we both clasped our hands in the direction where Kanzaki-san and the others, who were likely still facing such challenges, were and closed our eyes, sending our thoughts to them before heading into the dungeon.

"Now then..."

After putting away my smartphone, we walked for a while and reached Gigantic Dungeon, our destination.

"Alright... Let's get going today as well."

"Alright."

As usual, I took Dragon Tree Bow from the item box and greeted the 2 security guards standing at the entrance before entering the dungeon.

Our goal this time was a lower floor below the floor with the mid-boss room.

Considering my current level, I couldn't reach the floor of the boss room. 

But I'd explore as much as I could with Silphy.

"So, Silphy, make sure you stay tucked into my pocket up to the 15th floor again, okay?"

"Got it."

After confirming that Silphy nodded, I used the [Kamikaze] skill and quickly ran through Gigantic Dungeon.

Golems occasionally appeared along the way.

But I ignored all of them, occasionally dodging them as we rushed forward.

"We've arrived!"

So, we arrived at the boss room floor in no time.

But Silphy didn't come out of my pocket... Hmm.

"Hey, Silphy? We've already reached the mid-boss room. Oh."

Silphy didn't respond to my call, and when I looked at her, she had a pale face and was covering her mouth with her hand.

Oh, I've really done it now.

"Silphy? Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm just a little dizzy."

"Are you sure?"

She struggled a bit yesterday, but it wasn't this bad. 

Why...?

"Ugh... I was holding up fine until yesterday, but today you started running even faster, and because of that, it was shaking pretty violently..."

Was it my fault...?

"Ah... I'm really sorry."

"Yeah, it's okay. For now..."

Silphy, still looking pale, came out of my pocket and leaned against the dungeon wall, her hands trembling slightly.

"Well, we'll take a break here until you feel better. When you start feeling less nauseous, drink this water slowly."

I took a bottle of water from the item box, poured some into the cap, and handed it to Silphy.

"Mmm... Sip, sip. Ah, that's better."

As Silphy drank the water slowly, I did the same with the water from my bottle.

"Ahh... I'm coming back to life now..."

I let out a breath as I put the bottle down, and Silphy, who was still drinking water, sighed deeply.

"You feeling better?"

"Yeah, I think I'm okay now."

Silphy nodded, and I finished drinking the remaining water.

Hmm...

Was it because I raised my agility due to the level up yesterday that she got motion sick?

I did use the [Kamikaze] skill, so it's not surprising.

"Well... I'm really sorry. I honestly didn't expect it to go this far..."

"It's okay. Besides, I got surprised this time, so I'll be fine next time."

In response to my apology, Silphy maintained her usual smile, even though she still looked a bit pale.

"I see... Well, Silphy, take a bit more rest. I'll go ahead and defeat the Iron Golem and clear the way to the lower floor. You should be feeling better by then... I hope."

"Ummm, okay."

Silphy nodded slowly, and I proceeded to enter the mid-boss room.

"Now then... let's take care of this quickly."

"Kaede... You said I should rest, but you didn't give me any time to rest, did you?"

"Well, I thought it would be much tougher... I pretended to be all cool, telling you to rest."

I mumbled at what Silphy said.

I realized that I had tried to act all heroic and told Silphy to rest while going to defeat the Iron Golem. 

However, I could defeat the Iron Golem faster than expected with [Magic Arrow - Full Burst]. 

But I'm using less MP than I thought I would need.

"It's alright; it doesn't matter. Besides, I'm feeling much better now."

Silphy's response was reassuring, as she seemed to have recovered from her earlier discomfort. 

I did get a bit anxious when she mentioned feeling nauseous, though. 

Of course, if it got to the point of vomiting, I would definitely turn back, but it hadn't come to that.

"Alright, but are you sure you're okay to continue?"

"Of course! I'm perfectly fine!"

"Alright, let's go."

With Silphy energetically waving her hand from inside my pocket, we proceeded through the mid-boss room and descended the stairs to the lower floor.

The 15th floor was no different from the previous ones, just another brick corridor in this dungeon. 

And, of course, there were Golems...

"[Magic Arrows]."

I used [Magic Arrow] to shoot the Golem's core, taking it down with a single hit.

-Your level has increased by 2-

"Well, it's getting to the point where Golems don't give much experience..."

There wasn't much I could do about that. 

I needed to level up by defeating Iron Golems before taking on the boss.

So I didn't really need to worry about the experience from the regular Golems.

"Now then... Silphy, would you please check as usual?"

With the Golem cleared, I asked Silphy to examine every nook and cranny, just as she usually did.

"Sure thing, leave it to me!"

Silphy, who had returned to her normal color, flew out of my pocket and started investigating the surroundings with the wind conjured from her hand.

"Hmm... It looks like there's nothing around here."

"Alright. Well, nothing has turned up, so I guess that's to be expected."

There wasn't much we could do about the lack of loot in these areas.

"Okay, let's get started again. Restart the loop."

"Sure, here we go..."

As expected, even though we knew it.

There was nothing in this area, so we started the process again. 

I would defeat Golems while Silphy searched the area thoroughly.

Alright... Let's do our best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test