07 October 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 109

Test

Iron Golem Battle


A heavy bass sound echoes from behind. 

Even without turning around, I can tell. It's the sound of the door closing, proof that I've challenged it firmly.

And so, the sound of the door closing slowly continued for a while. 

But gradually quieted down, and as soon as it closed completely, it suddenly fell into silence.

At that moment, the candles on the wall lit up. 

As the candles lit up, the boss room went from complete darkness to dimly lit.

At the same time, a massive figure hidden in the dark at the back began to move.

"De..."

"Deeeeecaaaack!!!?"

Sylphy shouts, drowning out my voice.

That's right.

The Iron Golem in front of me, a mid-boss, is 20 meters tall, larger than Golems. 

It's twice the size of a regular Golem, and its body shines with a bright metallic luster, worthy of the name "Iron".

It's as if it's asserting its existence.

If you were to see this for real, it would be understandable that even parties with Gold-rank explorers would be on the verge of annihilation.

Well then.

"[Appraisal]! [Weakness Lock]!"

That's if we were fighting it normally.

I use [Appraisal] to check the Iron Golem's HP and [Weakness Lock] to aim for its weak point.

While I'm going through this series of actions, Iron Golem starts moving and approaches.

But it's slow.

Compared to regular Golems, its movements are much more deliberate.

However, because its steps are longer, its overall speed isn't much different.

"Alright, now... [Magic Arrow]!"

After confirming that, I created a transparent arrow with [Magic Arrow] and attached it to Ryuju's bow.

"Huh? Just a [Magic Arrow]?"

"Yeah? What's wrong with that?"

"Well... Isn't it supposed to be a [Full Burst]?"

"Oh, this will do for now!"

I answer Sylphy's question and shoot the [Magic Arrow].

The plain, transparent [Magic Arrow] I shot directly hits the Iron Golem's tough iron body.

After seeing that, I used [Appraisal] again to confirm the Iron Golem's HP.

Its total HP is 55,000.

And now, after the [Magic Arrow] hit, its HP is 54,570, which means I managed to shave off 430 HP with a single [Magic Arrow].

Well, it's recovering at an incredible speed, and it's still approaching with ground-shaking steps, but...

"Wait, Kaede? It doesn't look like it's working, but with just one shot Is it over?"

"Not yet. So... Retreat!"

Saying that I perform a full backstep, moving away from the Iron Golem toward the door and waiting for it to open again.

Once I'm outside the boss room, the slowly opening door begins to close again.

Alright, alright, alright. 

This should do it.

But I need to attack again quickly, or Iron Golem's regenerative ability will likely cause the door to open again soon.

"Huh? ...Wait, is it okay for you to come out of that room?"

Seeing my actions, Sylphy jumps out of my inner pocket and asks loudly.

"No problem! My [magic arrow] is going to work from here. [Magic Arrow - Full Burst]!"

Then, while lightly replying to Sylphy who came out of my inner pocket, I use  [Magic Arrow - Full Burst with 1950 MP.

The number of [Magic Arrow] I produced this time is 128.

Each arrow does 430 damage, and since there are 128 of them, I inflicted a total of 55040 damage.

I don't think I need this much since I'm aiming for the core, but just in case.

"Shhh!"

And then there's a ? mark on Syphy's head. I shoot out a transparent arrow that I created toward the door.

It goes toward the door, splitting one after another, and slips through and into the boss's room.

"Huh? Huh? Why?"

"Huh. Well, you'll  have to watch."

I wait while looking at the confused Sylphy with a sideways glance.

Then.

-Level increased by 25-

"Oh, it's done."

─ After a little while, I hear the level-up announcement.

That means I defeated Iron Golem.

As proof, the door slowly opens again.

"What? Are you done?"

"Yeah. At any rate, it's like this."

I walk into the boss's room while explaining it to Sylphy.

Upon entering the boss room, an Iron Golem was lying on the ground with a hole in the middle of its chest.

"Eh~ What? Is this possible?"

"That's possible. That's because of my skills I can do that."

While speaking to Sylphy, who muttered in a daze, I went to Iron Golem.

Then, I touch Iron Golem's body, which has not moved since it collapsed, with my hand to confirm that it's dead.

Yes. I knew it was dead.

"Wow. You can really beat it..."

"No problem! That's because of my [Magic Arrow] and [Lock-On] special combo. Don't tell anyone else, okay?"

I insert my bow back while giving a short reply to Sylphy, who doesn't seem satisfied with my answer.

"Alright, I promise."

Well, I haven't been concerned about people watching me recently.

But I guess it's better to keep the fact that I have two unique skills a secret.

"Thanks. Let's quickly collect Iron Golem's remains and return to the surface."

"Wait, are you going to collect its body?"

Sylphy asks with a puzzled look.

"Yeah, unlike regular Golems, its body is made of iron. So I can sell it."

The material of Iron Golem is iron. 

So, unlike a mere rock Golem, it can fetch a decent price.

The iron from an Iron Golem is quite substantial, and the quality is also good.

But considering the effort and profit, ordinary explorers probably wouldn't bother to pick it up.

"I see, so that's how it is."

"That's how it is. If they were willing to buy Golem materials too, I'd be in luck."

Well, there's probably no demand for regular rocks. 

So I doubt they'll ever buy them in the future.

"Alright, let's go. We should collect Iron Golem's remains before it revives."

"Understood, Captain!"

With a salute, Sylphy cheerfully complies with my words. 

While ignoring Sylphy's puzzled look, I create a few transparent arrows with [Magic Arrow], attach them to my Dragon Tree Bow, and shoot them into Iron Golem's remains. 

Iron Golem's body, struck by [Magic Arrow], shatters into pieces small enough for me to handle with my strength. 

I pick them up one by one and put the broken Iron Golem's remains into my [Item Box].

"Alright, let's go back and have a meal!"

"Yeah! I'm starving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test