25 October 2023

Seeker 217

Test

Chapter 217. Fierce Battle


The rocks created by the distant Fire Giant, when in the hands of the giant, appeared to be the size of a softball.

However, in reality, they couldn't be that small. 

A massive boulder, bigger than an ordinary human, was hurtling toward me at incredible speed.

"──!!"

"Senpai!?"

I instinctively positioned my shield in front of me. A voice from behind me, a voice of a junior who needed protection.

I had no choice but to step forward to shield Yuzuki. 

I had no intention of doing it for her, though. 

It was for the sake of winning, as a mysterious tsundere-like line echoed in my mind.

But, of course, it wasn't such a carefree situation. 

The massive rock collided with me with a force that felt like being hit by a truck, almost simultaneously with...

From above, Fire Dragon's Fire Breath attack rained down mercilessly.

"──Grrrr!"

I was subjected to the simultaneous assault of the powerful impact from the front and the scorching flames pouring from above.

"…Hehe, well, I guess I can endure this."

Somehow, I managed to withstand the attacks. 

I didn't have time to check my status, but I believed my HP was still over half. 

The successful defense with the shield significantly reduced the damage.

I immediately resumed my mental focus to cast a healing spell and, at the same time, surveyed the situation around me. 

Fire Dragon's Fire Breath attack had also hit Kazane-san, Yuzuki, and Yusefia-san. 

The damage was significant, but no one seemed to be on the brink of death.

After releasing a breath attack, Fire Dragon needed some cooldown time before it could use it again. 

Until then, it could only perform physical attacks with its claws and fangs. If we could deplete Fire Dragon's HP before the next breath attack, there would be no second breath damage.

Fire Dragon, having finished its breath attack, was trying to land further behind where Kazane-san was.

"──Not gonna let you!"

Kazane-san, with her swift legs, rushed toward it. 

She stood between Fire Dragon and Yuzuki, wielding two short swords, ready to confront the landing Fire Dragon.

On the other hand, Fire Giant, after the rock-throwing attack, pulled out the gigantic sword embedded in the ground and started running toward me. 

With its large stride, it seemed like it would reach me in seconds.

Looking at Griffin, it was entangled in a mid-air fight with Flame Eagle.

They attacked each other with their talons and beaks while flapping their wings.

Griffin seemed to have the upper hand, and it didn't look like it would lose even if we left it alone.

The fireball shot by the nearly defeated Salamander seemed to be headed toward Yusefia-san.

Whether she got hit or dodged it, I hadn't confirmed, but Yusefia-san seemed unfazed.

Salamander was like a fixed turret, preparing to produce another fireball.

However, a second dark lightning bolt struck it, and the fiery lizard disappeared in a black mist. Of course, it was a magic attack from Yusefia-san. 

Dark Elf, holding a slender sword, turned her attention to Fire Giant, who was running toward us.

"That giant, I'll hold it down. No need for healing. Focus on yourselves and those little girls."

Saying so, Yusefia-san kicked off the ground. With agility surpassing even Kazane-san's, she dashed toward Fire Giant.

It was a very welcome offer. 

If Yusefia-san engaged Fire Giant one-on-one, we could focus on our fight against Fire Dragon.

Taking advantage of the Hero's words, I shifted my focus to Fire Dragon.

"Take this! Fenrir Arrow!"

"Come on, big guy! ──Whoa, watch out!"

As Yusefia-san mentioned, the two girls faced the red-scaled Fire Dragon head-on.

Kazane-san took the front position and engaged in close combat with Fire Dragon, which was attacking with its claws and fangs. 

Protected this way, Yuzuki, who had moved back slightly, continued to fire shots from her Fenrir Bow.

"Ugh...!"

Amid the relentless onslaught, Kazane-san received a blow from the Dragon's claws and was thrown back slightly.

However, she quickly regained her composure and immediately went back into the fight.

Even with Kazane-san's enhanced agility thanks to [Quickness], it was impossible to evade all of Fire Dragon's intense continuous attacks. 

That's where my job came into play.

"[Ground Heal]!"

The light of the advanced healing magic I cast descended upon Kazane-san, healing her wounds. 

It not only healed the damage from the claws but most of the burns from the breath attack.

"Thank you, Daichi-kun! I love you!"

"I'm sorry, Kazane-san! I'd like to be on the front lines too, but right now, I'll be the healer."

"I understand! Leave dealing with this guy to Onee-san!"

Kazane-san affirmed my thoughts with a triumphant voice. 

Her lightning-fast movements seemed to have even picked up speed. 

She not only continued to fend off Fire Dragon's attacks but seized opportunities to launch her counterattacks.

"Our family has reliable onii-chan and onee-chan! ──Another Fenrir Arrow!"

As for Yuzuki, she maintained a certain distance from Fire Dragon while consistently firing high-powered shots from her Fenrir Bow. 

Each shot from her bow to Fire Dragon, a fire-type monster, was expected to deliver tremendous damage.

In fact, Fire Dragon appeared to be rapidly losing its health.

Seeing that Kazane-san had a bit of a breather. I cast a healing magic on Yuzuki.

The damage she had taken from the breath attack was completely healed. I didn't want a repeat of what happened in the Dragon Valley, and I was thinking this when I got scolded by Yumizuki.

"Senpai, what are you doing? Take care of yourself first! Did you forget you protected me?"

"I'm fine! I may not look it, but I'm tough!"

"Argh! Don't put yourself last! But this should do it! Another Fenrir Arrow!"

Yuzuki aimed her bow at Fire Dragon and fired the 3rd shot.

As Fire Dragon was about to take flight, an arrow made of shining ice pierced its forehead. 

From the point of impact, numerous ice pillars bloomed like ice flowers, and with a shattering sound, Fire Dragon's massive body turned into a black mist and dissipated.

Then, a large magic stone fell to the ground.

"Alright! We got it before it could unleash the second breath!"

"Great job, Daichi-kun, and Hotaru-chan! Now, the other one─"

After defeating one of the boss monsters. We turned our attention to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test