19 October 2023

Seeker 212

Test

Chapter 212. Battle On The Suspension Bridge


We're currently in the middle of the suspension bridge. 

Ahead of us, 2 Giant Fire Lizards are waiting, spewing brilliant fireballs from their wide-open mouths. 

They'll probably attack us by shooting those. 

From both left and right, 4 Blazing Giant Eagles are swooping down. There's still some distance, but we only have a few seconds before they reach us. 

The situation is extremely precarious. 

Not only are the monsters a threat, but the prospect of falling from the suspension bridge into the lava is even scarier.

Ideally, we'd like to quickly cross the bridge, but the Giant Fire Lizard waiting at the endpoint is blocking our way. 

Trying to take it down with concentrated long-range attacks might risk friendly fire or cause it to fall into the lava due to the unstable situation.

There doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to break through.

"We're going straight ahead, Kazane-san! Yuzuki, target the birds with Fenrir Bow! Priority is not falling off the bridge!"

""Understood!""

Kazane-san rushes forward. 

I, on the other hand, mount Griffin behind me and send my familiars flying.

"This is a tough situation... [Shadow Flare]."

Yusufia-san releases dark magic from her hand and annihilates one of the Flaming Eagles that is about to dive at her with a single strike.

"Keep grilling like skewers! Fenrir Arrow!"

Yuzuki also shoots an ice arrow, instantly taking down another eagle. Judging by the strength of the pressure the monsters exert, those fiery eagles seem even more powerful than Hellhounds. 

Yet, both of them are one-shot kills. 

These two have remarkable firepower.

One of the fiery eagles is attacking me, or rather, it seems to be targeting Griffin I'm riding. 

Its movements are swift and hard to track as it changes its course frequently, making it difficult to hit.

I channel the power of my skill into my right hand holding a spear and unleashing it. 

"[Three Strikes]! Damn, I missed!"

Even with the skill bonus of [Accuracy Enhancement], my 3 consecutive spear thrusts failed to reach the fiery eagle that was in the same place a moment ago.

"Kwaaah!"

In contrast, Griffin manages to land a series of successful attacks with its talons. 

At the same time, the fiery eagle's slashing attack appears to have torn through Griffin's body, but they seem evenly matched. 

The fiery eagle and Griffin maintain their distance in the air, eyeing each other.

There's no "evenly matched" here; the fiery eagle seems to have sustained significant damage, while Griffin is still in good shape.

Although the opponent appears faster, Griffin clearly surpasses it in power and toughness. 

All things considered, my Griffin is quite strong.

Or rather, I, the rider and master, seem rather useless. 

It's frustrating.

Well, [Taming] is my skill, so Griffin's combat strength is also a part of my power. 

I'm not lacking Agility. It's just that the stars aren't aligning today.

"Kuuu!"

"Kazane-san! How dare you bully Kazane-san—Fenrir Arrow!"

While I, mounted on Griffin's back, am trying to engage in the next attack after the opponent in front of me, I hear my companions' voices. 

I couldn't visually confirm the situation, but Kazane-san might be struggling.

As soon as the opponent before me disappeared, I checked the situation again.

There are two monsters left. 

Both are Giant Fire Lizards. They have barely moved from their initial positions. The fiery eagles are nowhere to be seen. 

That seems to be the last one.

"Daichi-kun, I could really use some healing magic if you can! — Aah!"

Kazane-san was facing off against 2 Giant Fire Lizards, swiftly wielding two short swords. 

Her diagonal double slash seemed to have hit one of the lizards, but it didn't make them disappear. 

They were formidable foes as well. 

The counterattack's fireballs, two in total, assaulted Kazane-san. 

She managed to avoid one, but the other struck her abdomen directly.

"Guuuh..."

Kazane-san winced in pain. 

The high physical defense of her black attire was powerless against magical attacks like fire. 

Even with her anti-magic ring and the magic defense enhancement from her camellia hairpin, the damage was still significant. 

The power of the flames from creatures like Flame Skulls and Hellhounds must be on a different level.

When Kazane-san requested healing magic, I began focusing my mind on healing magic, but it would take about 2 more seconds to activate. 

It was frustrating.

That wasn't the first time Kazane-san had requested healing magic during combat. 

It must be because she had taken substantial damage. 

Perhaps it was my fault for struggling against those lesser foes—no, I shouldn't think negatively right now.

"[Ground Heal]!"

Finally, I could cast the healing magic. 

Radiant healing energy emanated from my left hand, enveloping Kazane-san's entire body.

"Thank you, Daichi-kun. I feel better! — Here goes!"

Kazane-san swung her short swords again during a brief opening, delivering another diagonal double slash. 

This time, one of Giant Fire Lizards finally disappeared.

"Kazane-san, get down!"

"Got it!"

Right after finishing her attack, Kazane-san immediately fell prone on the suspension bridge. 

With her incredible Agility, there was no hint of danger in her actions.

However, this position was essential to avoid becoming a target for the next fireball attack from the remaining giant fire lizard.

"All right, I have a clear shot! Fenrir Arrow!"

Shortly after, an arrow of ice-like blue light pierced the forehead of the remaining Giant Fire Lizard. 

From that point, an ice pillar blossomed, and the ice arrow shattered into fragments. 

Simultaneously, Giant Fire Lizard disintegrated into a black mist.

"Alright, it's down!"

Yuzuki exclaimed with satisfaction, making a small triumphant pose. 

With that, all the monsters that had appeared were gone.

The battle had ended. 

There didn't seem to be any further obstacles in this chamber. 

Having crossed the suspension bridge, we finally let out sighs of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test