15 October 2023

Seeker 209

Test

Chapter 209. Healing Magic (Scary)


As soon as we were transferred to the dungeon, a horde of monsters suddenly attacked us, but we managed to repel them somehow. 

First, we checked our conditions and healed our HP.

"Injured individuals, line up for healing."

"Yes."

"Quack, quack."

Kazane-san and Griffin lined up. 

Yuzuki and Yusefia-san seemed uninjured.

By the way, Yuzuki looked a bit bored.

"It's great not to take damage, but I'm missing out on senpai's healing magic. It's lonely to be left out, you know."

"Oh, not left out. Either way, I want to confirm our MP and status, so can you show me your stats?"

"Really? Yay!"

Yuzuki rushed over with excitement. Well, I don't really understand.

So, except for Yusefia-san, who was a lone wolf, we checked the HP and MP status of everyone.

Me: HP: 209/259, MP: 194/231

Kazane-san: HP: 175/196, MP: 161/168

Yuzuki: HP: 196/196, MP: 408/441

Gryphon: HP: 234/350

It seems everyone had their HP reduced by about 20%. 

Despite the number of hits taken, the damage wasn't that significant.

Kazane-san and I needed [Earth Heal] once each to fully recover our HP. By the way, Kazane-san, during the healing, said.

"Ah, that's nice. Daichi-kun's healing magic really works." 

She had a dreamy look on her face.

My healing magic feels more like a massage or something. 

Griffin's damage taken stood out, as expected. 

The number of hits taken was probably not much different from mine, but the damage was more than double. 

I used [Grand Hea on Gryphon, which restored his HP to 340, so I left it at that for now. 

By the way, the amount of HP restored by my healing magic had noticeably increased compared to before I purchased Gaia Armor and Gaia Helm. 

It seems like it's about 20-30% higher now.

After using healing magic, my remaining MP was 180. 

I wanted to conserve MP as much as possible. 

If needed, I had MP potions, but I didn't know the size of the dungeon. However, according to what Yusefia-san and Bargamund-san said, most dungeons are relatively small, typically consisting of just a few rooms.

The dungeon where I first met Aria-san, including the boss room, had only 5 rooms. I hope this dungeon is similar.

"Come on, if healing is done, let's get going. We can't just linger around forever." 

At that moment, Yumitsuki rushed ahead.

"We're not lingering around right now. I just showed my stats to senpai."

"I wonder about that. That girl over there seemed to make quite a pleasant sound." 

"Senpai's healing magic feels really good. It reaches directly to the affected area and makes you feel good from the inside."

"Huh, that's scary. Are you, by any chance, incorporating something to captivate the girls with your healing magic?"

Yusefia-san gave me a stern look. If there were something like that, I'd like to know about it.

"No, no, I don't know. Yuzuki is just saying random things."

"Yeah, for real. Hey, Kazane-san."

"Yeah, Daichi-kun's healing magic feels really good. It's almost making me melt."

"Scary... I'll try not to get injured."

Yusefi-sana seemed to believe it. But there's no way that's true, right? 

My healing magic is normal?

With that doubt in mind, Griffin nuzzled up to me, as if requesting more healing magic. 

Though there was a hint of fear, we cleared the first hurdle.

Once we finished healing, we prepared for dungeon exploration. 

We decided to advance down the only available path, a tunnel in a corner of the hall. 

It was a tunnel that wasn't too wide but had considerable depth, covered with reddish-brown rock walls. 

It was still quite hot, and we gradually began to sweat. 

Kazane-san and Yuzuki fanned themselves with the front of their black outfits and wizard robes. 

Yusefia-san seemed to endure the heat, maintaining a cool expression.

She had a bit of sweat on her forehead and neck.

After a while, the tunnel ended, and we entered an open area. 

It wasn't as large as the previous hall, but it was still a decent-sized chamber. 

The width from left to right wasn't that great, but it had a significant depth. 

It might be about the size of 2 tennis courts lined up vertically. 

Unlike the previous hall, this space wasn't empty. 

We can see several distinctive objects.

We cautiously observed them, readying our weapons and preparing to use magic at any moment. 

However, the things that initially appeared to be monsters didn't seem to move.

"Are those statues surrounding a treasure chest, perhaps? It gives that kind of vibe." 

Yusefia-san muttered while maintaining a vigilant posture.

As she mentioned, in the back of the chamber, there was a single treasure chest. 

Seven stone pedestals were arranged around it, each with a statue of the same shape on top.

"Hey, those are gargoyles, right?" 

Kazane-san, wielding her 2 short daggers, sent a sideways glance my way and asked.

Indeed, the statues on each pedestal looked very similar to gargoyles.

They resembled the stone statue-type monsters I encountered in dungeon ruins floors and the dungeon where I met Aria-san. 

However, these weren't showing any signs of movement. They were all facing the treasure chest and were seated on top of their respective pedestals.

By the way, further behind them. There was a passage that seemed to be the way forward. But the entrance to that passage was blocked by iron bars.

Based on the patterns, I believe something needs to be done in this chamber to open it.

"Yuzuki, what does [Monster Appraisal] say about those gargoyle-like statues?"

"Well... you see, the display is quite unclear. The monster's name is shown as 'UNKNOWN,' and all the stats are 'UNKNOWN' too. I've never seen anything like this before."

I see. 

Normally, it would display as a regular gargoyle, so it's safe to say those aren't regular gargoyles; they're something special.

Now, what should we do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test