07 October 2023

Seeker 202

Test

Chapter 202. A Farce


The Dwarf warriors' garrison, the meeting room.

Once again, we participated in the Dwarf Warriors' meeting and took our seats.

Seated in the chair of the chairman was Bargamund-san, one of the 8 Heroes and the chief of the town.

By the way, the other of 8 Heroes stood in the corner of the meeting room, just as before, with a sulky expression.

And at this moment, before the meeting began, a little farce unfolded between these two old acquaintances.

"Well, Bargamund, I've seen your face. And I want to go home. Do I really need to be here?"

Yes, the one who clearly initiated with a dissatisfied expression was the Dark Elf Hero.

She had been somewhat forcibly abducted to this place.

On the other hand, the Dwarf hero, who had abducted her, laughed heartily.

"Well, don't say that, old friend. A friend is in need. Can't you lend a hand?"

"Hmph, I don't recall becoming your friend. Besides..."

Yusefia-san's gaze then turned towards us.

"You all, there's no doubt I'm one of 8 Heroes by now. Isn't it about time you told me the whereabouts of 'it'?"

Oh, that's right.

I remembered that Yusefia-san had accompanied us for that reason.

Bargmund also seemed interested in this exchange.

"What do you mean by 'it,' Yusefia?"

"Bargamund, it's not a matter that concerns you. Those Human warriors over there know the location I seek. I came all the way to this settlement to learn where it is."

"Revenant Cane? Did you really want something like that?"

"What do you mean, 'something like that'? For a Dark Mage, it's one of the ultimate treasures. I definitely want it. And, Bargamund, you seem to have a tone that suggests you might know its whereabouts, too."

"Ah, I have an idea. There should be a village about a week's journey south from here that had it stored in their treasure vault."

"What!? Is that true!?"

"Well, what we know is probably that."

I raised my hand and interjected into the conversation.

Upon hearing that, Yusefia-san's face turned as if a dove had swallowed a firecracker, opening and closing her mouth repeatedly.

"I-I can't believe Bargamund knew...! You, you, you, you, this proves that sometimes those closest to you are the most deceptive!"

"Hahaha! For some reason, you've taken quite a detour, Yusefia."

Bargamund-san laughed heartily with his wide-open mouth, and Yusefia-san scowled in frustration.

At that moment, Grunba-san, the deputy chieftain sitting next to Balzamunt, cleared his throat.

"Bargamund, this is a meeting. Please keep the small talk to a minimum."

"Oops, sorry about that. But give me just a little more time. Hey, Yusefia. About Revenant Cane, even if that town still has it, it's not something they'll hand over easily, even if a Dark Mage asks for it and pays them gold."

"...What are you trying to say, Bargamund?"

Yusefia-san glared resentfully at Balzamunt.

She said, "What are you trying to say?" but her reaction indicated that she understood where the conversation was going.

Bargamund, on the other hand, grinned.

"I'm saying that if you help me with this matter, I'll write a letter of recommendation for you. If I vouch for you, the Dwarf residents will trust you. All you need to do is pay a fair price, and you'll have Revenant Cane in your hands."

"Tch, watch your step. I don't like you. If you want, I can go to that settlement and take it by force."

"You're not the type to do that sort of thing. Don't pretend to be tough."

"Grrr... Fine, fine, I'll help, okay? Just this once."

"Good, it's a deal. Grunba, sorry for keeping you waiting. Let's start the meeting."

And so, Bargamund-san succeeded in enlisting Yusefia-san's help.

That troublesome Yusefia-san. That Dwarf hero, Bargamund, wasn't just about size and power; he was quite the clever schemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test