31 October 2023

Mob MC 327.2

Test

Chapter 327.2. The High Fall


-Masatoshi's POV-

I'm looking at Sena-san with a cute smile. Oh, I'm so lucky... 

But I'm a little worried.

"Um... Sena-san, are you angry? Or are you nervous?" 

I felt a sense of unease and blurted it out. Did I do something to make her angry? When I couldn't go to help at the Grand Martial Arts Tournament, I apologized profusely, and she laughed and forgave me, saying she wasn't there at the time.

Have I done something else? 

Sena-san's expression changes slightly to surprise at the mention of Masatoshi's words, and then she pouts.

"Because recently, Masatoshi-san hasn't been taking me on dates. You always say you're busy, and I get lonely."

I'm shocked as I'm stared at with watery eyes. What a situation! My goddess is in a bad mood. But even her displeased face is cute.

"What have you been doing lately? Mion-san and the others have been missing you."

"Sorry, Sena-san. I'm sorry for making you feel lonely... I can't say it right now. I'll tell you when the time is right. When the time is right."

When the time is right. I grip Sena-san's hand, elated that I'll be able to say this word in my lifetime.

It's just the two of us at this party venue. It's like a scene from a novel. Shin is secretly training to oppose Skadi, the leader of the Nidhogg cult who plans to resurrect a demon.

"Well, I trust you. But we haven't submitted the engagement papers yet."

Sena-san smiles with her head tilted. It seems the trust level was not enough for a mob character.

"I'm not cheating or anything. I've been training a little. Okay, from now on, I'll cut my training days in half."

"Can you tell me what you've been doing?"

Sena-san leans closer, her chest pressing against me, smelling really nice. Her face is so close.

"When the time comes..."

"I think it's the right time now, Masatoshi-san."

She traces my chest with her white, slender fingers and continues to press for answers.

What a situation. Not only a goddess but also a devil. Sena-san is a little devil!

I can't hide it anymore. I was about to give in and tell her, but a voice interrupted.

"Masatoshi-kun is training with me, thinking about when he enrolls in the Magic Academy, Sena-san."

I know that clear voice. It's Shin, the son of Duke Kanna who plotted this rebellion.

"I appreciate your help in the Grand Martial Arts Tournament, but I'm already Masatoshi-san's fiancée. I'm sorry, but can you refrain from calling him by his name, Baron Kanna Shin?"

I'm surprised that Sena-san is responding to Shin with rather stern words. It seems Shin is not well-liked, unlike in the original story.

I made a significant contribution to changing the original story. Honestly, I'm sorry.

Shin earned his title as a baron by helping Sena-san and avoiding expulsion from the nobility, even though his father had led a rebellion. He now lives with his mother in a modest four-and-a-half tatami room. 

Despite their newfound poverty, he doesn't complain.

"My apologies, Your Highness. I'm sorry, but may I borrow Masatoshi-kun? We need to discuss our training for the future."

Shin answers Sena-san without breaking his smile. I'm confident that if she told me the same thing, I'd go into shock. The protagonist's heart must be made of steel.

"...Masatoshi-san, I don't want to say this, but it might be better to keep your distance from the baron."

"Shin is a good guy, so it's okay."

After all, he's the protagonist. Through my training with Shin, I've learned the secrets of using magic from Spatial Witch and I've grown significantly. This may be the key to my awakening.

"Why do you trust the baron so much?" 

Sena-san asks, looking dissatisfied. Considering the current situation, it might seem like an odd story.

"He's a good guy. But there might be some misunderstandings, so we'll discuss it."

The reason I can trust him is that he's the protagonist of the novel. Shin's actions are just, and in the end, he becomes successful.

But I can't tell Sena-san the truth that he's a novel protagonist. So, I'll just make something up.

After all, Shin is in the same situation as in the original. Instead of exile, his status has dropped to that of a baron, and he lost his fortune.

Everyone keeps their distance from Shin. 

And very few people approach him. 

He has become the protagonist starting from scratch. He'll rise from here. He's prepared for it.

But there's one question I have. 

Who took the position of from Duke Kanna like in the original story? Perhaps the change in the story was triggered by the actions of the reincarnated Yamiyo and Masatoshi, but who is the mastermind...?

Masatoshi frowns as he observes the gray-haired girl surrounded by people in the center of the hall. 

"I've learned the Candy Song! There are chocolates, and also cookies. If you make them exactly as the song says, you can make a candy house, and I'll show it to you as a souvenir!"

She nods casually to the person talking to him and holds chocolate and cookies while building a candy house. What is she thinking?

It seems like she's not thinking about anything in particular.

I'll need to discuss this with Shin. It's probably just a misunderstanding.

Her mother is running over to the gray-haired girl, and she's starting to scold her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test