29 October 2023

Mob MC 325.2

Test

Chapter 325.2. Cleaning Up


The Emperor may have passed away, but the Royal Family remains safe, and they must maintain an appearance of business as usual. The Royal Family's prestige has likely taken another hit.

The immediate issues have been addressed. Now, there's the matter of punishing the nobles who betrayed the empire, calculating the total damage, and preparing for the Emperor's succession. 

Skipping such an irreversible event is not an option.

"Soldiers have been gathered in anticipation of further attacks due to the fall of the Sky Castle. It seems they are avoiding appearing in front of the public."

Yamiyo darkened her expression slightly as she explained the current situation.

"Hmm, that's a move too."

They chose to prioritize safety and stay hidden. Mii-chan didn't care if he was called a cowardly fool with a poor first impression. 

Plus, handing the representation over to Mii-chan. What was he thinking? There might be some advantages to it, like having Takano County as a support or something else.

Among the possibilities I could think of, one was somewhat worrying. But I could investigate it later.

"Since the Sky Castle fell conveniently before the coup, might Duke Kanna be working with Nidhogg?"

"Duke Kanna claimed Nidhogg is working with Takano County, but based on the current situation, it's far more likely that he was involved with the other side."

"Yeah, that makes sense. Either way, we have no evidence. If Takano County was involved, dropping the Sky Castle doesn't make sense."

"There is a counterargument that we couldn't control Nidhogg's actions."

I contemplated upon hearing Ranko-san's report. It seemed a bit of a stretch. Was this a plausible story?

I couldn't make a judgment. However, the outcome would become clear.

"Well, Duke Kanna is deceased, so there should be no issues if we win."

There's no one left to defend the Duke's actions. They'd likely be dissolved following this coup, and it would be decided that Takano County represents justice in the political sphere.

And we didn't actually partner with Nidhogg. I just borrowed Nidhogg's name a bit.

The one who dropped the Sky Castle was that wild Pomeranian. That's what my memory tells me.

"Em-chan, you're so cool!"

"Huh?"

Did she do something cool? Tamamo looked at Mii-chan with sparkling admiration, but what did she do?

"That's right, you seem like a quick thinker!"

Hoku-chan's words helped her understand. Did Mii-chan accidentally reveal a different side of herself?

"Hehehe, right now, Mii-chan is admiring Kongming papa and aiming to be a genius child!"

I scratched my cheek and blushed. I got off the chair, rolled onto the ground, and somersaulted.

"You cleverly combined Kongming and genius child. Well done, Mii-sama!"

Yamiyo praised me while capturing the somersault on camera. Oh, she actually understood what I meant after I said it!

"It seems that Sena-chan and the others were safely rescued. I'm so relieved. I was worried."

"It appears they escaped through teleportation. Let's go visit Se-chan later."

As Tamamo explained, it seemed that Seina had used teleportation to escape to one of the secret bases of Kanna Dukedom. 

It was important to check if they had been subjected to any harm.

"With these significant changes in power, Mii-sama, things will be quite challenging. But we will be here to support you!"

"Tamamo will also be there as the pillar of strength!"

"We're all friends! It's only natural to help Em-chan!"

"Mumble mumble... allies."

"We'll keep helping you in the future!"

Yamiyo and the others looked at Mii-chan, expressing their strong determination with their words.

Huh? I'm happy, but what does this mean?

I tilted my head curiously, her expression filled with puzzlement. Duke Kanna is gone, and all that's left is to live in peace. 

The new races left by Helheim and the meaning of all of this intrigue me, but it's a matter of god conflict, not human conflict.

Well, I expect that Shin has left one final plan, but he probably won't show up publicly.

"Mii-sama, all the property of the nobles who participated in the rebellion, including Duke Kanna, will be confiscated. You should receive substantial rewards for preventing this rebellion. Takano County is now a massive household that doesn't allow anyone to surpass them, right?"

"So, Tamamo and everyone else are here to support Em-chan."

Yamiyo grabbed Mi-chan's hand and earnestly conveyed her thoughts. In the background, Tamamo showed her fang and gave a thumbs-up. Hoku-chan and the others nodded in agreement.

I see. I completely forgot about the rewards. If my wealth increases any further, it will lead to the expected outcome.

They think they can manipulate Mii-chan from the outside and correct destiny. This way, Takano County will become a dominant force surpassing the Emperor.

Haven't I heard this scenario somewhere before? But it won't go like that.

Mii-chan dislikes the word "destiny".

I don't want my role to be changed. After all, I'm just a mob!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test