06 October 2023

Mob MC 301.3

Test

Chapter 301.3. Secret Trump Card


Miu wore her Jarngreipr and didn't have as much damage as it appeared.

I knew that the difference was only a hair's breadth. 

Heh, heh, it's all about the slight edge. Hiyah!

I chopped the giant into pieces, and my gamer's intuition was whispering that victory was just a step away.

And I've never been wrong about this intuition.

"Uwaaah!"

With the eyes of a predatory bird hunting its prey, I swung my God Sword once more. 

Instead of blocking, the God Energy Sword struck Helheim's head directly, taking her by surprise.

[Laevateinn Deactivation]

With a loud sound, flames engulfed Helheim's body, and the giant transformed back into flames and disappeared. 

Helheim discarded Laevateinn, and from within the flames, her zombielike form emerged. She extended her palm toward Miu, gathering God power.

"I'll take it!"

[Soul Steal]

Helheim's arm exploded like a ricochet, and her astral arm infiltrated Miu's torso as if it were a ripple in the water.

"Mumumu?"

Miu's torso rippled like the waves of water and shone brightly.

"Fufufu! Too bad, Takano Miu. If yours is an astral body, then an astral body can touch it. The souls of the dead, even those of reincarnators, cannot escape the grasp of Helheim, who presides over death."

Helheim was confident in her victory and laughed triumphantly. She twisted the arm that had infiltrated Miu's body and released her power.

"I'll use your soul to ... good use?"

But her expression quickly changed to one of confusion and bewilderment.

"W-What? Th-This is... I should have clearly seen it from the outside... but it's nowhere...?"

"What's wrong, Helheim?"

Gripping Helheim's head tightly, Miu stared at her with cold, lifeless eyes. Helheim's expression changed as if she had seen something unbelievable.

"No... no way? Could it be?... Could it be from the beginning?"

Helheim screamed, and Miu replied with an icy tone.

"Gotcha."

[God Aura]

[Soul Awakening]

[Hraesvelgr's Wind]

[Miu's Smile]

-Fused-

"Anyone who's seen a maiden's secret has to die."

[Miu's Flutter]

Platinum wings sprouted from Miu's back, growing to a size that covered the sky, and they fluttered gently.

"Goodbye, Helheim."

"Y-You... what we were doing..."

Particles of platinum were blown with the wind from her palm and struck Helheim's head. Helheim's head distorted, and the platinum particles circulated through her body, transforming into particles and causing her to disintegrate.

Trembling and trying to escape, Helheim's arms fell lifelessly and crumbled away.

-Defeated Helheim of Death-

-Killed Ryusui Tomoe-

-Killed the Followers of Nidhogg-

The battle ended, and Miu let out a sigh of relief.

"I won."

While healing her body with recovery magic, Miu brushed her gray hair back with a cool smile.

"Now... what should I do with this?"

The landscape had turned into a desert as far as the eye could see, and even the mountains had turned into barren land. After Miu's finishing touch with her flutter, it had transformed into a volleyball-like scenery.

"Well, let's blame it on Nidhogg. No doubt, it was the ritual magic of Nidhogg that caused this."

I contemplated whether I should practice whistling, but System-san came to my rescue.

-Heal the World: You can heal the world with recovery magic infused with God Will. Why not try using recovery magic?

"Hooray! As expected of System-san. Alright, let's heal this."

[God Will]

[Area Extra Heal]

A vast magic circle appeared in the sky. Light poured down from the enormous magic circle that covered the desert, the valley, and the barren mountains, restoring everything to its original state. 

The lush forest and majestic mountains returned.

"I found a secret technique! Even if I destroy the world. I can claim it was an illusion battle!"

Miu smiled triumphantly and decided to return to the martial arts tournament arena.

"...But there's still Shin... and probably some troublesome people."

I furrowed my brows slightly.

Even though I could hear a harmonica playing from somewhere, I could probably ignore it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test