04 October 2023

Mob MC 298.1

Test

Chapter 298.1. Immortality Is A Common Template


Duchess Ryusui, who had become young again, regained his beauty to the extent that he could now be considered a heroine. 

With a dignified face, almond-shaped eyes, a slender nose, and lips that curved into a mischievous smile. He stood tall, exceeding 170 centimeters, with everything in the right proportions. 

There was a stunning beauty who could easily rival a model. 

She's wearing magic armor that resembles a haori coat. 

There was a beauty equivalent to Mii-chan. It would be hard to say who was more beautiful.

Gentlemen, please give your pure vote to Mii-chan. So that she can win by a narrow margin.

Now, let's try asking why she did something like this, although it seems unnecessary.

"Grandma... I've always thought your actions were suspicious, but did you simply want to regain your youth? It seems like such a trivial reason."

"Haha. Young people like you wouldn't understand. Growing old is a cruel thing. Growing older means your heart is slowly dying."

Duchess Ryusui began speaking with a faint smile, without any anger. He raised his palm, showing off the smooth, wrinkle-free skin as if to flaunt it, and spoke happily.

"Look at this palm. I have no wrinkles, no blemishes, just youthful skin that repels water. This is what I've been seeking. If you think it's trivial, then so be it. I admit it's a common reason."

"Duchess... You had the Emperor's trust and were highly valued. Did you betray that trust and ally with Nidhogg just for the sake of youth?"

Aburage dad said with an expression of anger, but his words seemed to not affect Duchess Ryusui, who merely shrugged.

"I'm the strongest. I have wealth and status. And I was a dazzling woman, like a precious gem, because of my beauty. But now, how am I? Having lost my youth, I'm worth less than coal."

"That's not true! Everyone sees you as an outstanding person."

"They do! My former glory torments me. The first time I felt it was when I thought of skipping my daily training because I felt tired. When I realized that my fatigue wouldn't go away, I felt old."

"Everyone goes through that, Duchess."

Aburage dad and mom condemned her with stern gazes, but Duchess Ryusui responded with a sly smile.

"Hehehe. Ordinary people would give up at that point. But I'm different. I'm Japan's strongest and the greatest magician. I'm a human with the blood of a dragon. Chosen individuals have a different way of thinking. With magic, you can achieve anything. I believed I could regain my youth."

"It's quite common, isn't it, Grandma? I think such things usually fail."

"Oh, yes, I thought so too. That's why I decided to proceed with caution. I created an organization where there would be no problem even if I conducted inhumane experiments. I made Skazi the cult leader there and created an isolated island. This guy had potential, after all."

Responding to Mii-chan's words, Duke Ryusui looked at Skazi behind him.

"Yes. I can use [Sacrifice]. I conducted experiments to regain my youth by sacrificing human lives. In return, they promised to make me the pinnacle of this country."

"Absurd! A terrorist cult at the top? Do you realize how much danger you are causing?"

Skadi nodded and wore a condescending smile, which made Aburage dad shout angrily at Duke Ryusui.

"Well, I'm not a fool either. These people were supposed to wield power behind the scenes. We still need them to continue researching immortality and eternal youth."

"Regarding you..."

Duchess Ryusui had no intention of listening, causing Aburage dad to grit his teeth in frustration.

"Everything was going smoothly until you, Takano Miu, messed things up. We started facing financial difficulties and had trouble gathering sacrifices. And obtaining power became difficult too."

"It's because you supported Kanna Dukedom from behind. What goes around comes around."

"Hahaha. Indeed, we've been facing harsh times. Thanks to you, the Emperor's power has become too strong. But... you've been gaining power too rapidly. The Emperor is starting to become suspicious of you. Remember I told you about the danger of a sudden fall from grace?"

"...Did you do something to Mii-chan?"

He raised his eyebrows and became cautious. He had a bad feeling about this.

"I instigated Kanna Dukedom's foolish lady against your family. By now, Kanna Dukedom and Takano County are probably in an all-out war. And neither family can be controlled by the Emperor. No, I intend to weaken Takano County's power here."

"...Did you do something to mama and papa?"

"Oh, yes. Something minor. Just enough so they can't recover from serious injuries. It's a shame you won't be at the venue. That part was unfortunate."

"Hmm, I see."

Her tone became slightly more rigid. Come to think of it, this old lady was skilled in mental manipulation.

I see. I understand now.

"You're going to cause another major disturbance, aren't you? Well, I'll show you. It's a struggle to come up with hidden funds, you know. It's better if the nobles are in chaos."

"Are you doing this all for money?"

In response to the impassioned words from Mii-chan, she narrowed her eyes and answered with an indifferent tone.

The true identity of the mysterious, strongest old lady was a money-grubber who would stop at nothing to regain her youth, sacrificing people without hesitation.

"Oh, yes, no amount of money is ever enough. Don't worry. I'll kill you and collect the excess funds from Takano County. If some other family gains power again, I'll have the funds to cover up the experiments I can't talk about."

She glanced briefly at Skadi, her lips twisting, then returned her gaze to Mii-chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test