28 October 2023

Earth Dungeon 87.2

 Test

Chapter 87.2. Luxury Goods


Definitely, they'll buy it. Let's meet with Captain Anayama and give him a sample. After we clear another water dungeon. I also want to add sugar to the lineup and increase Hana's level of Plant Knowledge.

"You're so confident. But that's what makes you amazing, Sakimori-san."

"Well, it's embarrassing. So, let's go clear another water dungeon soon."

I laugh, and Shizuku laughs back.

"No more Summon All Units today."

"Let's do it tomorrow."

I decided to take a break today. Even a hard-boiled guy like me wants a safety margin.

The next day, following the same strategy as before, we defeated Sahagin Emperor. We use the obtained cores and add sugar to our lineup. 

We also get a Status Up Potion using the boss core and give it to Hana. I advised her to distribute it evenly with a slight emphasis on dexterity. Jun, I don't recommend you to fight with Hana.

For the dungeon cores, I change them into 50% skill level-up potions and give them to Karin. But I stop. Let's give the 10% increase potions instead. This potion is a bit too dangerous. So, I'll keep it in the item box. The day may come when we need it. I wonder if I should mix it with Shingen's sake.

It might seem too late for that. But, well, 10% skill level-up potions won't be dropped in new-rank dungeons. I'm afraid my skill configuration might raise questions.

Rather than having doubts about my skill configuration, I may be considering if it's even possible to freely choose drops. That's the worst-case scenario. Serila might figure it out; she's sharp.

[It's like the Age of Exploration with sugar and spices. I invested in the port to generate valuable goods and dealt with them.]

"Were you a medieval person, Shizuku-san?"

She puffs up her chest and says, "I made a fortune.", but she's got a point. It's probably true.

Three days later, I leave the penthouse to confirm if the intended items have been created. My purpose? It's the spring and winter flowers, specifically. I want to see them if Hana is growing them. She started growing them on the first day when they got listed in the Core Store.

I go down the stairs and head to the research lab. It's technically a botany lab, where dungeon-grown crops are being cultivated in pots. We're checking how long it takes for them to grow.

Planters are placed by the windowsill, getting sunlight. There are sweet potatoes, corn, cabbage, and soybeans. They're growing well. Dungeon-grown crops are remarkably robust.







Several people are examining crops, taking notes in their notebooks. They're not wearing lab coats; it's casual attire. Unfortunately, lab coats aren't available.

"It's true, once corn grows, we can harvest it multiple times."

"Yeah, it's convenient and great."

"Corn~ It's time to harvest~ Oh, Sakimori-shan!"

Hana and the others discuss and check something. The usual little girl, harvests fully grown corn with a smile and brings it to me. It's a bit strange; I thought it wouldn't grow normally.

I pat the young girl's head gently, and she smiles shyly, making me feel soothed.

"Hello, Sakimori-san."

"Ah, hello. Is that mysterious flower growing?"

I'm curious. Hana's plant knowledge has already identified what kind of plant it is. No problem... but why is this room so cold?

I understand it's cold because there's no heater, but when the spring flowers bloom, this room should be warm. What does that mean?

"Uh, well, it died. I'm sorry!"

Hana bows apologetically. Behind her is a clearly withered, brown plant in a planter.

Seriously? It withered? Dungeon-grown... I see. I got it!

[It seems there were hidden performance values after all.]

[Yeah. I bet its adaptability to the environment dropped significantly. Damn it.]

What a waste of the lineup. This won't be easy to change the performance values. I'll have to verify it multiple times.

My disappointment, evident even to an onlooker, seems to be noticed. Hana points to a planter on the edge.

"They didn't all die. Look at that."

She points to a flower with bright, vivid red petals, like morning glory.

"Spring flowers turn the surroundings into spring! But they wither quickly, so you need to be very careful with room temperature."

"I see... Keep up the good work. Oh, this is a gift, some chocolates."

I want to explain the effect of spring flowers, but I can't, as it might raise suspicions. Room temperature adjustment? Seriously, it's not that easy to grow them.

This is not going to sell without pretending to have verified the effects of Royal Honey and Finest Sugar on the lineup. 

I guess it's not enough to put them in the lineup. I thought they would sell it, and I would know the effects immediately.

Sigh... it's disappointing. The real world can be harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test