08 October 2023

Earth Dungeon 78.1

 Test

Chapter 78.1. Glimpse


The sky stretched endlessly, a clear blue canvas. In mid-September, Sakimori was cleaning. He wonders if there won't be any more typhoons this year. That would be nice.

"Hehehehn. Hmm."

I hummed while brushing the floor with a deck brush. It was time for a thorough cleaning since it had gotten dirty. I had used water magic to clean it, but there was something about doing it manually that felt satisfying.

The floor sparkled, reflecting a dull light from the metal.

"It's gotten quite clean. Occasionally, washing the car is good too."

I crossed my arms in front of my car, satisfied, thinking if it rained the next day. I might cry. I had just finished washing his car without any guards,  it was my precious car.

In the Amatsugahara Corporation's former parking lot, under the open sky, Sakimori washed his car. He splashed water around, making it clean and shiny. Ah, maybe he should add soap and shampoo to the Core Store.

I stretched his back, planning to work out the kinks in my shoulders. Even a tough guy like me occasionally washed my car.

"Ah, Sakimori? Listen to me. Are you listening? Are my words getting through to those ears of yours?"

With a discontented pout, Albino beauty Serika stood with her arms crossed beside the parking lot. Next to her, Karin also stood with a troubled expression.

[Hehehe. Serika-chan, you seem flustered.]

Amano Shizuku, the astral beauty, laughed while covering her mouth with her hand. Seeing her partner's amused expression, Sakimori also smiled internally, carrying the deck brush over his shoulder.

"I'm listening. You want me to return everything except one armored vehicle, right?"

"That's correct. I should have presented an alternative, though. Gasoline, ammunition, and maintenance."

Serika spoke, leaning forward slightly. Earlier, while washing the armored vehicle, Serika and Karin had shown up without any guards. This was my car.

"It's not about replacing them. I risked my life to acquire 5 armored vehicles, 4 jeeps, and a hundred assault rifles. And everyone has seen the results of my victories. If I lose the imposing armored vehicles, you'll be disappointed, right? My charisma will also diminish."

With a smirk, Sakimori sat down in the chair in the rear storage compartment of the armored vehicle and laughed. Let's go with a hard-boiled approach.

"If they become unusable, I'll just display them as decorations. Everyone will be pleased, won't they?"

Serika glared at Sakimori with her arms crossed, looking dissatisfied, but sighed in resignation.

"You don't understand, do you? The fact that inner town people are trading with outer town people..."

"I'm from the abandoned town. Didn't I say before? We don't need contracts. That's what I meant."

"Ugh... How did you figure it out?"

Serika pouted, looking childish and even cuter.

[I'll get a license to cook puffer fish.]

[I'm scared, Shizuku-san.]

I'm not sending these thoughts, you know? Don't read my mind?

Although Shizuku looked annoyed, she couldn't hide her joy at Serika's next words.

"Can't I make a deal with you? I want to make a deal."

[But I refuse! Dodododo!]

Don't shout in my ear! Shizuku is acting strange. Well, she was already weird from the start. Cough cough.

[I wanted to say that line. But I refuse. But I refuse.]

His partner delightedly struck a strange pose. Sakimori decided to pretend he hadn't seen it and continued.

"Serika, you were manipulating Suwa. Enormous profits will come from there, right? I won't say I knew from the beginning, but the puzzle pieces were scattered. I became certain when Karin told me that Suwa was planning to attack me."

"Was it strange for Karin to bring that up?"

"No, it wasn't strange. It was just too good timing. It's suspicious. They attacked too soon. If they don't do something quickly, the abandoned town folks will dominate the outer town's market. Didn't the cat girl spread that information? Serika, the security company you first brought in, wasn't that Suwa? They were eyeing our equipment, right?"

It would have been perfect for reconnaissance. They knew there were no well-equipped soldiers in my headquarters. It must have seemed safe to attack.

"Sakimori... You're smarter than I thought. I'm impressed. But you're also mistaken. I may have led them to the attack day, but I haven't done anything since. You don't seem to understand how much of a threat you've become to the outer town's people. Do you realize the magnitude of the threat posed by a rapidly expanding stronghold in a short time? I acted to prevent casualties during the chaos in the stronghold."

There were benefits, but there was also some kindness involved. Hmm, it's suspicious, but was it my fault too? I can't believe it, but since saying thank you doesn't cost anything, I'll express my gratitude. Based on the results, I can't refute what Serika said, so I'll shrug it off.

"I see... Thank you. So, beautiful girl? Did you want to recover the armored vehicles and make a deal? If you fail, you'll be in big trouble as an up-and-coming figure in the inner town, right?"

With a serious expression, I thanked her. However, I couldn't accept this deal. So, I asked with a smirk. Becoming successful in the inner town would be tough. I had the cards in his hand for now. It's unusual. ...Saying that makes me sad.

We locked eyes for a while, and amid the dancing cat girls, Serika dropped her shoulders.

"Alright, I give up. You win. So, will my life and heart suffice as compensation? Kyaa~!"

With her hand on her cheek, she wriggled her body and struck a cute pose, finally accepting Boujin's terms.

"Have you been referencing all of your romantic relationships from manga and games?"

I asked with a half-squint, and the albino beauty tensed up. It seemed like I hit the mark. Unlike games, choosing options didn't increase your favorability in real life, you know?

[Hehehe. You're probably right. She has very little experience with love. What a pity, Serika-chan.]

Shizuku laughed gleefully, but she was the same. She didn't say it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test