11 October 2023

Bottom Tier 10

Test

The Newly Synthesized Weapon


After defeating Arachne, Ao-chan and I took a break and returned to the city's Adventurer's Guild.

"We have confirmed the successful completion of the Quest 'Defeat the Human-Faced Spider.' Here's your reward of 6,000 Lin. Please accept it. Furthermore, we have also confirmed the defeat of the cave's King, Arachne. You may collect a bounty of 80,000 Lin."

"Thank you," Ao-chan and I each received our rewards.

"Due to the defeat of Arachne and the completion of the previous Quest, both of your Adventure Ranks have risen to E, and your Party Rank is now F. Congratulations."

We nodded in acknowledgment to the receptionist and left the Adventurer's Guild.

As proof of our victory, Ao-chan decided to sell the poison stingers, while I intended to use them as materials.

"Were you planning to steal those poison stingers?"

"Yes. I knew they dropped when we defeated Arachne, but I had no certainty that we could actually beat it."

"Thanks to that, we've earned a lot of money."

"Yes, with this, we won't have to worry about food and accommodations for a while."

Still, it was just enough to get by for about two weeks if we remained NEETs.

"We can now accept party quests, so the range of quests we can undertake has expanded."

The guild has some profitable quests, so if we focus on safe, time-efficient, and high-yield missions, we'll be fine in terms of sustenance.

This tutorial for Ao-chan should suffice.

"Do you have a good grasp of this world now?"

"Yes, thanks to you."

"If you wish, we can start acting separately from now on."

Ao-chan initially only followed me because she didn't understand this world. 

At that time, there were no other options, but if she's getting the hang of things, I thought it might be a good idea to have the choice to part ways.

Perhaps it was an unexpected proposal, as Blue looked surprised and shook her head.

"No, I don't want to. If I'm not bothering you, I'd like to... um, stay together."

She mumbled with her eyes averted.

"Don't worry, sensei. Even without being with you, being a ​1​ is a job that can be useful in the city and dungeons as long as I don't make mistakes. So, even if we part ways, it doesn't mean I'll be out of work."

"Is that so? But, well, supervising a student is a teacher's job..."

Ao-chan's words were still somewhat mumbled and hard to understand.

When our eyes met, she blushed faintly.

I suddenly realized.

"Sensei, you want to be with me!?"

Delighted, I leaned closer, and Ao-chan turned her face away.

"That's not... that's not what I meant."

She seemed fidgety for some reason.

"Then let's continue together. Your opportunities to shine are quite different from mine, and I don't want to restrict you for my convenience."

"But that's not what I'm saying!"

We had a loud conversation on the city's streets, and passersby glanced at us.

With a troubled expression, Ao-chan finally mustered the courage to speak.

"I... want to be with you, Minato-kun."



Ao-chan, her face flushed red, muttered almost inaudibly due to embarrassment, her eyes moistening slightly.

"Sensei—"

With the enthusiasm of post-battle momentum, I almost went in for a hug, but Ao-chan swiftly turned her body around.

"Th-this conversation, let's stop it now. There's somewhere I want to go, so, um, see you later."

Saying this, she quickly fled to some unknown place.

"Ao-chan, do you want to be with me?"

I felt genuinely happy. 

There was no reason for her not to, and it seemed like Ao-chan was a source of motivation for me in this world.

I had made such a proposal, but when I thought about it more rationally, I realized I would deeply regret it if something happened to Ao-chan after we parted ways. 

We had been together due to circumstances, but what did she really think? I was curious about that. 

I was relieved that it turned out this way.

I was eager to know where Ao-chan had gone.

But I also had things to do, so I went to the blacksmith.

"Welcome."

I handed the materials over to the blacksmith's owner.

"I'd like you to synthesize Arachne's poison stingers and Impaling Sword, please."

"Heh, quite unusual for a young man. Are you a Thief?"

"Yes."

The owner seemed to have figured out my combat style.

"From the perspective of other frontline jobs, it might seem like a deviation, but for a Thief, it's the way to go. To notice that, you seem like a novice, but you've got good instincts."

"It's nothing to be praised for."

"No, no. Thieves usually end up dead, don't they? Unless they go for stingy earnings. But you're different. You have a clear combat style and are trying to maximize the strengths of a Thief."

"Thank you."

"People like you are rare. Well, sorry for rambling on. I'll make it as ordered."

He smiled and disappeared into the back.

If I could equip that synthesized weapon sooner, it would significantly enhance our combat efficiency. 

We could even take on opponents of a higher caliber.

As the owner mentioned, it might not be a necessary skill for other front-liner roles like attackers or tanks, but for a Thief, it's an essential element.

"Sorry for the wait. It's ready."

The owner returned and placed the weapon in a holster on the counter.

"With the labor costs included, it comes to around 10,000 Lin, but I'd like to offer my support. How about 9,000 Lin?"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Take a look at the finished product."

I nodded and took the weapon out of the holster.


――――――――――

The Arachne's Poison Blade 

Attack +15

Reduces damage taken by 5%

Low chance of inflicting the target with poison status.

――――――――――


Arachne's Poison Blade was slightly longer than a dagger, with an overall length of about half my arm length. 

Its handle was plain black, devoid of a guard, and the silver blade seemed to exhibit a faint greenish hue depending on the lighting conditions. 

When gripped firmly, the blade emitted a subtle glow.


The Arachne's Poison Blade was a versatile weapon that could be used by other frontline roles as well. 

However, the damage reduction effect was usually not favored, leading to fewer combatants opting to use it. 

That was because there were generally better weapon options available for them.

But for a Thief, this blade was currently the best weapon.

After paying the fee, I equipped the Arachne's Poison Blade.

It designed with a holster, rather than a scabbard, which would allow for compatibility with other short blades.

"Thank you. I'll make sure to use it well."

"Sure thing. Come back anytime."

I left the blacksmith's shop.

Burns.

Immortal Silk's movements and rapid evasions.

And poison.

As a Thief, I was shaping up to be a formidable combatant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test