16 September 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 107

Test

New Ability


Take a breath. 

I won't waste any more time on regeneration.

I aim for the core of Golem's weakness, the core possesses high vitality, rapid recovery, and robustness.

"[Magic Arrow - Full Burst]!"

Using 750 MP this time, I shout out the name of the new ability.

In the next moment, a transparent arrow of the same size as when using [Magic Arrow] normally is created.

"...Huh? Is this it?"

"Hey, Kaede, what are you doing staring at your bow!? Golem is getting closer, you know!?"

Seeing me like that, Sylphy pulls on my ear, her voice filled with urgency, forcibly moving my head.

"Ow ow ow! O-Okay, I get it. I'm using it now!"

But seriously, isn't this strange~?

According to the effect description, I checked last night. It said it would shoot out [Magic Arrow] equal to the amount of MP used in one shot.

So I thought a bunch of [Magic Arrow] would come out all at once.

I did check, and my MP is down by 750...

Could it be that shooting them out requires manual effort?

Well, I guess this is an ability of an unknown skill.

So even if that's the case, I can't help it, right?...

For now, I just have to shoot.

"Shh!"

I loosely shoot the transparent arrow attached to Dragon Tree Bow without aiming.

I tried to use the next [Magic Arrow] to defeat Golem...

"Huh?! What's this!?"

"Wait, what's happening!?"

I attempted to create the next [Magic Arrow] to shoot.

But the [Magic Arrow] I had shot out started splitting into multiple smaller ones.

Seeing that, along with Sylphy, we widen our eyes in surprise and interrupt the process of me creating [Magic Arrow].

Even in that short time, they multiplied from one to two, two to four, and four to eight at an incredible speed, splitting and increasing in number as they flew toward Golem's weak point nucleus.

"Huh... Is this what it means to shoot them all at once?"

While I'm in a daze, a multitude of [Magic Arrow] that flew off while I wasn't paying attention started hitting Golem.

One after another, these [Magic Arrow] hit Golem.

These arrows easily pierce through the sturdy rock armor protecting Golem's core, completely shattering the core.

-Level has increased by 5-

I watch the scene of [Magic Arrows] hitting Golem one after another.

When I realize it, the system sound of leveling up chimes, and Golem collapses to the ground with a gaping hole in its chest where the core used to be, accompanied by a loud thud.

"That... That's amazing..."

"Yeah, it is..."

Yeah. It was even more powerful than I expected.

The consumption for this attack was about 15 units of mana per [Magic Arrow].

Since I used 750 MP this time, it means 50 [Magic Arrows] split off all at once and were headed for the weak point core.

Thinking about it that way, it's quite overwhelming.

Although I saw a few [Magic Arrow] hadn't split during the final division, they won't split more than the MP I spent.

However, even though the [Magic Arrow] became smaller with the split, their power hasn't changed.

It seems the power has increased, probably due to raising the skill level of [Magic Arrow] yesterday.

"Well, I guess there were a lot of them..."

Since I didn't know the power of [Magic Arrow] after raising the skill level yesterday, I used 50 units' worth of MP in one go. But it was too much, I think.

"Yeah, yeah! I thought the same! Even though we couldn't see them, the sheer number of arrows slicing through the air was incredible. And towards the end, even the remaining arrows pulverize the core into tiny pieces after shattering it!"

Sylphy seemed to share the same impression as me, as she perched on my right shoulder and excitedly chatted away.

"Yeah, you're right... Well, using it normally does seem quite challenging."

Even Golem, a monster that boasts top-tier durability among the creatures in this B-rank dungeon with its big, tough, and regenerating nature, couldn't hold up against it.

"If you tried to use this on regular monsters, your materials and all would become worthless in no time."

Even though Golem was regenerating, the [Magic Arrows] I fired continuously and rapidly at it hit faster than I could normally shoot them, leaving it no time to regenerate.

"That's true~. It's handy if you're just aiming to defeat enemies, though."

"Well, yeah. If you're not thinking about materials or magic stones."

"Yeah, yeah. Even someone like me, Kaede, might not get much use out of this ability if you think about it that way."

"Right, of course... Wait a second."

What if I used [Multiple Lock-On] and then used [Magic Arrow - Full Burst]? What would happen?

If I split the arrows according to the number of monsters, would each arrow fly toward a separate monster?

Or would all the split arrows fly toward one monster?

Until now, when I used [Multiple Lock-On], I had to use [Magic Arrow] multiple times.

If I wanted to shoot them all at once, I had to throw them without using a bow.

But if [Magic Arrow - Full Burst] made the arrows each fly toward a different monster, couldn't I attack instantly without delay?

"What's up? Did you come up with something?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah. I've never used this in front of Sylphy, but I have a skill called [Multiple Lock-On] that lets me use my usual [Lock-On] skill on multiple targets simultaneously. I could think of various uses for it after the arrows split."

"Wow! There's a skill like that? That's awesome. With that, you could feel safe even when surrounded by monsters. Since Kaede fights from a distance, it's crucial not to let them get close, so releasing a bunch of arrows could also work as a deterrent!"

Oh, right.

When she puts it that way, it does make sense.

But...

"There's no guarantee it will work smoothly, and I won't know until I try. I'll have to give it a shot sometime."

"Haha, well, that's true. But it sounds interesting, so make sure to show me when you do!"

"Of course. Ideally, we wouldn't end up in that kind of situation."

Although I said that, the odds of being in that situation are slim unless I mess up big time or intentionally walk into a monster horde.

"All right. Since we've shortened the time to defeat Golem. Let's quickly explore this floor."

"Oh yeah! Just leave it to me! I'll search everywhere!"

And so, after that, we continued to hunt Golems relentlessly and proceeded with our conquest, thoroughly investigating the lower floors with great momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test