20 September 2023

Earth Dungeon 69.2

 Test

Chapter 69.2. Employment


"Have you heard about the job here? It's related to construction. We want you to use your skill to analyze structures and teach us how to repair them, from analysis to construction." 

"Um... I didn't know [Block] had such capabilities. Can it really do that?"

"It can. I guarantee it. I have the [Appraisal] skill. Why don't you try scanning this house? Instead of creating walls, try to spread ripples lightly." 

Serika-san said with a smile, so she nodded. [Appraisal] skill was truly amazing, even revealing how to use it.

I cleared her throat, closed my eyes, and joined my hands, activating my skill. Concentrating mana and sending out ripples.

[Block]. 

The power spread thinly like ripples.

At that moment, knowledge popped into my head. It was not a defensive skill like I had thought before, but it was a skill for analysis. I didn't understand it because she had never tried to analyze anything!

"I didn't know because I hadn't tried... I see. I definitely understand now!" she said.

This house was quite run-down, more than it appeared.

"Um, I will repair it. For that, we'll need repair materials, right? If we can replace things like beams, it will improve."

"Materials?"

"Yes. I read the structure. In severely deteriorated areas, I'll use [Block] for support, and at that time, I can replace it with new materials. That's the idea behind using [Block] to support the materials."

I nodded in response to the president's words. I couldn't repair it, but I could support it. During that time, they could make replacements. It wasn't just about the shape of the walls. [Block] could change its form in detail.

"Deterioration, huh... What about [Purification]? Can it repair deterioration?"

"[Purification]? Um, I'm sorry, but I only know how to repair it with my skill. I'm sorry..."

But it might not be very useful anyway. In the inner town, some machines could scan, and even without my power, they could use substitutes.

"No, this isn't the inner town. It'll be a big help. It'll be useful for my company and the people in the abandoned town."

"That's right. Your skill will be useful for creating walls and building houses." 

The president and the old man added, praising me with delight. I felt happier about my skills than they did. My skill was the first time I had been praised.

"We don't have machines here. We rely on physical labor, mainly on Ooki-kun here."

"Don't limit it to just me!"

The man sitting in the living room protested, but it seemed like no one paid much attention to him.

"But right now, we only have wood as building materials. We don't have any iron or concrete. Serika, can't we do something about steel beams?"

"It seems resources are scarce, huh? Why not use the [Purification] skill to restore materials to their healthy state? It removes impurities from rusted or deteriorated items. While the mass may decrease due to the impurities being removed, it should become like new, right?" 

"Then, maybe I should set [Purification] to level 2 for a quick fix. But we'll need to process it, won't we? Hmm, I guess we'll leave the procurement to Numata. Also, I need to pay this month's potions for Serika, so I'll have to do some dungeon conquests. Oh, and one more thing, Oukubo-kun?"

The president, who had been talking to Serika-san, turned his attention back to her with a serious expression.

"Should we make it a monthly salary or a contract? I can't offer much. But, it's a contract where I'll give you 10% Skill Level Up Potions, one bottle per month, for 12 bottles."

Taken aback by the offer, I looked at Serika-san. Huh? He's been giving her potions?

"Um... I work as an assistant for Serika-san. I receive 1 million yen per month."

"Formally, Ryuko is considered a member of my research institute. So, even though it's cheap, I pay her a monthly salary. Sakimori, can't you show a little more gratitude toward me?" 

Serika-san laughed mischievously and draped herself over the president. However, the president continued talking to her with a completely normal expression.

"It seems like you're hesitating. So, let's start with a monthly salary of 1 million yen, and if you have any complaints, we can change it from there. I imagine there will be a lot of jealousy from others."

That would be awful, and I vividly imagined how it would be.

"Wowking together~"

"Yes, I'll do my best! But are you sure it's okay?"

"To be honest, it might be uncomfortable."

The president scratched his head. It was just as I thought.

"I'm receiving it from Serika-san, so it should be fine, right?"

With my current salary, there shouldn't be any issues. I could live an ordinary life.

"Hmm? ...Then, sorry for the low offer, but how about starting at 300,000 yen? It's just labor, and I don't think you'll hesitate to betray us. Plus, I want to show off my power in pulling someone from the inner city."

The president seemed to have various reasons. Indeed, if it's just labor, I wouldn't hesitate to quit. It was different because I was receiving money from Serika-san.

Adding Serika-san's salary to the equation, I would be making 15.6 million yen in total. Moreover, 3.6 million yen was tax-free, so it effectively doubled. Inner town taxes amounted to 60%. Therefore, my life might be much better than it is now. The ruined city was full of uncertainties, but.

Well, maybe I should give it a try. The people here seemed to appreciate my skill!

Also, the Skill Level Up 10% Potions cost 50 million yen each. President, you're being deceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test