08 September 2023

Earth Dungeon 63.2

 Test

Chapter 63.2. The Minamoto Family


"I understand. Even though your baldness was cured, you're still the same hardworking person."

My father was overweight and bald. But now, his hair had grown back so much that it could almost be called a crew cut. He claimed it was because of the mental stress from his job that he went bald.

"Hmph. Mind your own business. But this silver cup is amazing. I no longer need to take hypertension medication, my stomach issues are gone, and after a night's sleep, the fatigue that used to linger in my body is completely gone. I even feel lighter. Kamishiro brought some good stuff."

"And your baldness is cured."

"You always have too much to say, don't you? Anyway, our business is done. Get going."

With a vein throbbing on his forehead, my father waved his hand to dismiss me. I stuck out my tongue and shrugged my shoulders, then lowered my head and left the room.

As I stepped out of the room, I pondered. It was pouring outside. The rain was making a deafening sound. The window panes were rattling from the strong wind.

"It's impossible until this storm passes. But poaching, huh... Well, I can't help it. I'll make my move once the storm calms down."

For now, it seemed like a day off. Fuuka decided to return to her room. She was planning to continue reading the manga she had started. She liked romance manga. She didn't call it a prince on a white horse, but she still hoped to find a man who suited her tastes.

There was no need for training. After all, her skills could be activated easily. All she had to do was press a button in her mind to use them. She didn't like being called a genius, but this thing called a skill was indeed amazing. There was no need for practice.

Today, she planned to lounge around while snacking on sweets. It was an indulgent activity that didn't befit a beautiful elf like her. If she got fat, she thought she might borrow that silver cup.



As the rain poured heavily outside, Sakimori sat in his living room, watching the storm through the window.

"It's probably a typhoon. Typhoons are quite troublesome. Roads become littered with debris, and some areas flood."

He lay on the sofa and let out a yawn. It was a day off. There was nothing he could do. No dungeon tours, no fieldwork.

[It's so boring~. There's nothing to do but wait for the typhoon to pass indoors.]

Even though she couldn't physically touch him, the astral Shizuku snuggled up to him, pretending to use his arm as a pillow. It felt a bit embarrassing.

[Can I make some purring sounds? But I'm more of a dog person. Should I bark instead? We're stuck inside because of the typhoon, and no customers are coming. How about we use [Summon All Unit] and have some fun?]

Mouth agape, face red to the ears, Shizuku-san says.

"Um, Shizuku-san? Don't say that while your face is bright red. But you wanted to use [Summon All Unit]. There's always a contingency, you know."

There might be enemies approaching in the typhoon. The hard-boiled old man is not letting his guard down.

[Summon All Unit]

She doesn't need his opinion, and when the jittery Sakimori materialized, they came charging at me with a woof and laid down beside me.

Shizuku grunts and presses her head against me, looking so good-tempered that if she were a puppy, she would be wagging her tail.

"You can pet him. You see, I think I'm accumulating nadir rights."

"You spoiled little girl."

I gently stroked her head, and the smooth, silky touch of her hair made me want to touch it more.

"Hmmm, isn't it nice sometimes, isn't it?"

Puppy Shizuku clings to me, marking me with her scent. I wonder what it's like. Not sexy, but smiling and cute, like a pet.

"You're a bad cop, aren't you?"

I reply with a wry smile, and Shizuku's eyes widen slightly.

"You know about period dramas?"

She says it as if it was a surprise, but why? I used to at least watch period dramas too, you know.

"Well, of course I do. I used to like shows like 'Bourbon A-Team'."

"What's that? The title sounds so intriguing. I'd like to watch it."

It seemed she had an interest in period dramas. But there was no TV here. There was no electricity either. Battery-powered portable TVs used to exist. But now, it would be difficult to find one.

"Well, that's fine. Today's a day off. Let's relax. Goodnight."

Sakimori closed his eyes and prepared to sleep. It was important to take it easy sometimes. Life needed a balance.

Once the storm passed, he planned to take action again.

And so, Sakimori and Shizuku peacefully drifted off to sleep. It was a brief respite for the warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test