04 September 2023

Earth Dungeon 61.2

Test

Chapter 61.2. Spirits


[And so, we've caught a clueless elf. Is that right?]

"Yeah, as far as I can tell, it's the best encounter we could hope for. You're a girl of the same age who appeared in line with their training. You're talented, and it didn't take a long time to reveal that you're a student. I imagine others in this area would find you suspicious."

Shizuku clapped her hands in an understanding of my explanation. It seems she grasped where the conversation was headed. There is a girl who can take down an Azure Dragon solo. And a man who can conquer dungeons by himself. Nobody would think there's any connection between them.

If we read between the lines, some powerful figure is secretly sending people to conquer the dungeon and retrieve the dungeon core. They're probably enhancing their trusted subordinates.

As we continued the disassembly work, Cook smiled to himself. We got lucky with this one.

[Somebody from the inner town is pulling the strings. Amatsugahara Corporation is probably one of those dummy companies in their eyes.]

"That's right. People from the inner town will search for who's behind it. They won't find the mastermind. Until they do, no one can easily touch us."

With ale flowing and the market expanding, we don't want interference from boring people.

[Well, it's either impressive or absurd. Sakimori-san always moves in a way that makes others misinterpret him. But the Blessed Chalice. Ah, poor Karin-san. The reason she got it for free is because of connections. The one holding the goblet must surely be a powerful figure within the inner town. Even if you were to boast that you're not manipulating things from behind, it would be in vain.]

Shizuku-san laughed playfully, covering her mouth. That's right. It's what they call the devil's proof. 

It's something that can never be disproven. We easily secured a backing.

I hope the chalice ends up in the hands of the highest-ranking powers. The higher the power, the more they'll read into things, and the less likely they'll want to interfere with us.

The problem is if the Minamoto family gets hold of the cup. Even if the elf girl's parents deny it, she won't believe them. Considering her young age, she'll surely think they're hiding something from her.

In that case, there are several possible courses of action.

"Maybe she'll come to the Amatsugahara Corporation. Became our friends and use us as a stepping stone for her future."

That would be the worst-case scenario. She'd probably stick her nose into everything. If she wasn't hindered by someone from the inner town with powers, her parents would likely watch her actions from the sidelines.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

[Practice. We need to practice. Let's go with the pitch that our mastermind is a little girl. Let's make Ooki-san play the role of the bearded hero.]

"A little girl as the mastermind? Can there be such an adorable mastermind? No one would suspect that."

Shizuku-san puffed her cheeks as if saying there was such a story. It seems she read my mind. She's a girl with a keen sense of seduction.

[In that case, there's no helping it. Ordered by Amano Shizuku. Saki-san, creating a harem is prohibited!]

She made onomatopoeic sounds, struck strange poses, and stared at me, the micro girl. She predicted how the elf girl would react in that situation. She's a jealous girl.

"Don't say ridiculous things. It's probably not going to happen. What's important is the perceptive people from the outer town might show us some consideration. Regarding the flow of food in and out of the inner town."

I have a feeling that Captain Anayama would move in that direction. I'll keep increasing the population and expanding the fields. It would be great if he would consider us a benevolent mastermind and expand our trading opportunities while not interfering with the inner city.

"Mastermind? No way exists. Even if you speak the truth, people will just misunderstand it themselves."

Upon hearing those words, Shizuku lowered her head in thought and then raised it with a contemplative expression. Huh? Did I do something wrong?

[In a broad sense, I should be the mastermind. I exist as an astral body, supporting Sakimori-san from the shadows. Isn't that what a mastermind is?]

"Well, if we're talking in broad terms... I see, Karin. She can see through the truth, after all."

I quickly understood what Shizuku meant. Indeed, if I were to say there's no mastermind and it was found to be true. That would be problematic. It's a straightforward answer, so I can't be ambiguous about it. It was a close call.

"Yes, it's true that there is a mastermind. I think so too."

Indeed, Shizuku-san is undoubtedly the mastermind. While it can change depending on my perspective, in a broad sense, we can say she's the mastermind. Once I've realized that, it's hard to deny the existence of a mastermind, right? Wonderful.

"If it's known that there's a mastermind, we'll be even safer. Nicely done, Shizuku-san."

[Fufu. Can you pat my head? With this, if I occasionally show my face in the market or somewhere... Maybe a kiss on the cheek would be fine too?]

Shizuku spoke proudly. I averted my gaze from her blushing face, feeling a bit embarrassed. However, it would indeed be helpful if she could move around in places like the market. It would strengthen the idea of there being a mastermind. Plus, it would provide a reason for Shizuku to go out. Until now, she couldn't go outside because she's a young girl.

"Okay, it's fine. You can show your face around from time to time."

The reward for this time might be the best one yet. Just defeating one water dragon resulted in all this.

[Fufu, thank you, Sakimori-san.]

Shizuku expressed her gratitude with a warm, gentle smile. Despite being a little shy about it, I asked her with a serious tone.

"By the way, will the fishy smell on the items in the item box disappear if I wash them?"

The scales and fangs I collected after defeating the water dragon have a slight odor. So, please don't kick them.

As the rain began to fall and quickly turned into heavy rain, I hurriedly collected the Sahagin's cores. I ended up getting soaked.

Also, I can store items in the item box from a distance. After hiding it in the abandoned town, I was surprised to find I could store items remotely once my mana recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test