07 August 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 105

Test

Survey Method


Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.

I continuously shoot transparent arrows made solely with the [Magic Arrow] spell.

While it consumes a considerable amount of MP, when I compare it with my MP, it's still relatively small.

And also...

"Kaede!"

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I don't know... I don't feel like I'm fighting, you know?"

Golem's movements are too slow.

As Silphy said, there's no sense of actually fighting.

"Well, I agree with that too."

"Yeah, right?"

Golem has the troublesome three aspects of being large, tough, and capable of regeneration. On the other hand, it also has the 3 negative aspects of being slow, dull, and heavy in terms of attack and movement.

That's why I can easily win by just shooting arrows like this.

Even if Golem can regenerate, using the [Weakness Lock] guaranteed hit effect with the rapid-fire [Magic Arrow] is faster at reducing it to its core.

So, I understand why it doesn't feel like I'm fighting as long as there's distance.

"But that doesn't mean we can let our guard down until we break the core."

"Y-Yeah..."

Well, I understand the feeling.

Honestly, if I hadn't known about Golem's information beforehand, I would have been the most careless I've ever been in my experiences up until now.

Golems are the type of monsters that are scary when approached.

"Oh, Kaede. Is that the core over there?"

While I'm thinking about that, Silphy calls out to me.

Looking in the direction Silphy is pointing, I see a round, red-glowing sphere-like object inside Golem's body.

That's without a doubt.

That's the magic stone that serves as the core.

At first glance, it looks like when I encountered the slime, but the brilliance and size are in a completely different league.

Still, magic stones are something that can make me reconfirm my current level.

Just a few months ago, I was collecting and selling magic stones that were incomparably inferior to that one.

And now, the magic stones are this size.

I can't currently collect magic stones in this dungeon, but the feeling of growth is something to be happy about.

What's left is that if I could sell that, it would fetch a considerable amount of money. 

Well, there's no way I, who relies on long-range attacks, could do such a thing.

If it came to extracting that magic stone from Golem, unless you're someone on the level of an A-ranked dungeon conqueror who could do so while humming a tune, it's probably impossible.

"Yeah, that's the core."

"Wow... it's like that, huh? It's quite beautiful."

"Yeah. Now that I've seen the core. Let's finish it. Shh!"

Agreeing with Silphy's impression, I strengthen the pull of the bowstring to deliver the final shot.

And just like that, I release the arrow toward Golem. 

Like before, it heads toward the core of Golem, and upon impact, the magic stone that serves as the core shatters.

With the magic stone that was the core now gone, Golem collapses to the ground without regenerating, making a thudding sound as it drops to its knees.

-Your level has increased by 8.-

"Alright! With this, I defeated it."

The number of arrows shot is 70... It took 1050 MP to defeat it. At the moment, the [Magic Arrow] is less MP-efficient.



Now, it's time to see if I can take down another golem with a [Magic Light Arrow] in one shot.

If I can defeat it in one shot with [Magic Light Arrow], that's great. If not, I'll level up, and eventually, the MP efficiency of [Magic Arrows] should improve.

I sling Ryuju's bow over my shoulder, take Silphy out of my inner pocket, and approach Golem.

"Good job, Kaede!"

"Yeah, thanks."

As Silphy offers her encouragement, I place my hand on Golem and carefully examine the rocks that make up its body.

Yeah. Well, I already knew, but...

"It's just a rock, after all..."

Yeah, that's right.

There's a chance that the information I looked up beforehand might be wrong, and Golem's body could be worth something, but...

Well, there's no way it's that simple.

Honestly, I had some savings since I got this new coat...

"Hey, Kaede."

While I'm reminiscing about my account balance, Silphy speaks up.

"Hmm? What's up?"

"Since there don't seem to be any monsters around here anymore, can we start investigating for now?"

Well...

The presence of the golem seems to have disappeared for now, and I don't hear any sounds of battle from other adventurers, so it should be safe.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Let's search for anything unusual."

"Okay! In that case... here we go!"

With determined enthusiasm, Silphy floats her hand toward the passage ahead, and a faint breeze begins to blow, causing her hair and clothes to flutter.

"Hey, Silphy, what are you doing right now?"

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about magic, but with this level of scale, is it magic that senses mana or something?

"Well, I'm using the wind to perceive its flow."

"Oh...?"

"Let's say you're here, and I'm over here."

Silphy explains while pointing with her finger.

"So, when I release the wind from my palm as I did, and it goes towards you, naturally, the wind will collide with you."

"Well, that makes sense."

"During that time, I'm sensing the flow of the wind to figure out where things are. I can't put out wind that's too strong since I'm conserving mana, but I can use this level of wind to investigate around here."

I see, so it's like a sonar or something.

If I could use this technique to examine the structures of buildings that my [Enemy Search] skill can't examine, that would be quite useful.

Judging from the conversation, it seems like you could find monsters and adventurers diving into the dungeon, making it a complete upgrade from [Enemy Search], right?

Did [Enemy Search] become obsolete?

"Wow, that's convenient. Could I do that too?"

Honestly, if I could acquire this skill, I'd want to.

"Well... I think it might be difficult for you, Kaede. Even among the wind spirits, there aren't many who can do this."

"I see..."

That's a little disappointing.

But if it's true that this technique is among the more difficult ones Silphy can use among the spirits, then there's no way I, a complete novice who hasn't even used magic, could do it...

"Well, Silphy, it's impressive that you can do something so challenging."

"Hehe. Well, yeah! Even though I'm a major wind spirit, this is a piece of cake for me!"

When I say that, Silphy responds with pride, puffing out her chest.

"Alright, keep it up, and keep investigating."

"Okay! Leave it to me!"

Silphy focuses on the investigation, while I focus on the golem battle. The division of roles is perfect.

But doing this for thirty levels of this massive dungeon...?

I don't know how many times I'll have to repeat this for each floor, but...

Well, let's do our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test