19 July 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 104

Test

Gigantic Dungeon


"Phew... Finally made it..."

The day after meeting Silphy and heading to Trans with Masa-san, I took a shinkansen (bullet train) and crossed the prefecture to reach the Gigantic Dungeon, a B-rank dungeon located in another area.

"Hey, are all our friends here?"

Together with Silphy, who now had a scarf-like item made by Masa-san that she wore, I asked while she sat in my inner pocket.

In short, after yesterday, Silphy decided to follow me. 

I asked her the reason, but she didn't give a clear answer. 

Well, it doesn't matter why, right?

However, even though she decided to follow me, Silphy still seemed concerned about her friends.

Well, I'm determined to do my best so that Silphy can meet her friends, I went through the trouble of exploring the B-rank dungeon in another area, staying at a nearby hotel.

"Alright, Kaede, let's go!"

Silphy was full of energy, and it was good to see her enjoying herself.

For the time being, Masa-san said she would register Silphy as a tamed monster, so there should be no worries about someone spotting Silphy.

However, since Silphy is loud, boisterous, and energetic, I was a bit nervous about other explorers hearing her voice.

"Sure. Let's see how far we can go into the dungeon today, up to the 5th floor."

"Yes! We'll thoroughly investigate every nook and cranny!"

"Sure thing. Though, I doubt Silphy will be able to examine every nook and cranny of this dungeon..."

Silphy tilted her head in my inner pocket, not understanding what I meant.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, umm... yeah, you'll see when we're there. It's pretty normal for us, but for you, Silphy..."

"I don't get it, but I'll just have to see for myself! Let's go, Kaede!"

"Alright!"

Silphy pointed to the dungeon entrance from my inner pocket, and I replied accordingly.

Then, I showed my explorer qualifications to the guard at the entrance and stepped into the dungeon.

Silphy probably couldn't tell anything from the information she got from the entrance.

From my perspective, I knew the layout of the Gigantic Dungeon quite well. 

For Silphy to examine every nook and cranny, it's impossible.

Gigantic Dungeon is like a labyrinth made of brick-like passages, similar to the mazes seen in games.

Moreover, the monsters that come out are giants called Golems, made of stone and about 10 meters tall. 

Given their size and the spaciousness of the passages, there's plenty of room for the Golems to move and fight freely. 

That's why I said it would be difficult for Silphy to investigate thoroughly.

One might think we could go to another dungeon instead. 

However, among the nearby B-rank dungeons, there were only dungeons with fast-moving monsters, leaving us with no other options.

"Don't you think investigating this place will be tough, Silphy?"

"Yeah... "

"Well, we'll have to explore places like this thoroughly from now on. Can't be helped."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah. After all, considering that you were in a B-rank dungeon, we might end up diving into other B-rank dungeons from now on."

"I see... Wait! Why didn't you tell me that from the beginning!?"

Silphy puffed her cheeks and peeked out of my inner pocket.

No, no, no.

"Well, you were asleep while I investigated this Gigantic Dungeon yesterday."

That's right. I didn't explain the details of the Gigantic Dungeon to Silphy yesterday evening. 

I used my smartphone to look at the dungeon map and gather information.

But Silphy was fast asleep, taking her journey to dreamland on the sofa's cushion.

I tried to explain even during the journey. Silphy was still sleeping. 

There's no way she would have remembered the information about this Gigantic Dungeon in that situation. 

She didn't wake up even when I tried to wake her up.

"Uh... I'm sorry..."

"Well, it's fine. Silphy, you went through a lot until yesterday, and you must be tired. In return, I want you to participate in the Golem battles today."

The opponent this time is a Golem, a monster that possesses the trifecta of being big, tough, and capable of regeneration. 

In particular, Golems have a troublesome ability to keep regenerating as long as their core, a magical stone at their center, remains intact.

To defeat a Golem, I have to continuously attack the core embedded in its body until I strike it or destroy the core with a powerful attack.

Silphy's magic, which turned the Undead Hell Spider into tiny pieces, should take down the Golem.

"Yeah! I can't use strong magic yet since my mana hasn't fully recovered, but leave the support to me!"

Huh?

"Silphy? You said you can't use strong magic, but what about that vortex of wind from before?"

"Hmm? I can't use that magic right now. I used up all the mana I had to make sure I didn't get captured by that spider. So, for now, I'm conserving mana and can't use strong magic."

"...I see."

Well, I guess it's my fault for not checking beforehand.

If that's the case, there's no helping it.

I'll have to fight the Golem properly.

If I can identify its weak points. I'll immediately know where the core is.

From there, I can continuously shoot [Magic Arrows] or fire [Magic Light Arrows] to take it down without any issues.

"Well, let's start by searching for abnormalities while aiming for the 5th floor. Silphy, if fighting is difficult, can you investigate using magic while we move, like when you showed me the teleportation location in the Forest Dungeon?"

Well, that's the thing. If Silphy can investigate with magic, it would make things much easier for me.

But can she do it?

"Yeah! I got it!"

Alright, if she can do it, that's good enough.

"Okay, let's go... Wait..."

"Hmm? What's wrong?"

I stopped and looked ahead down the corridor.

"There's an enemy."

"Huh? ...Ah! You're right!"

With Silphy, I looked towards the end of the corridor, where a Golem was slowly approaching, making heavy footsteps.

Although there was still some distance between us, if the Golem continued to advance, it would eventually spot us.

"Alright, Silphy, please stay hidden."

"Got it!"

Silphy burrowed into my inner pocket, and I took out my Dragon Tree Bow, nocking an invisible arrow created by [Magic Arrows].

"[Weakness Lock]."

After activating the skill, red marks appeared on the chest and both knees of the Golem, visible from a distance.

"Phew... Alright."

Taking a breath, I focused my consciousness and aimed at the chest where the core is.

We were currently in the middle of the corridor where the Golem was walking. 

There was still some distance between us, and the Golem hadn't noticed my presence yet.

In other words, it was a perfect opportunity.

"Here I go...!!"

I pulled back the string, pouring all my remaining strength into the shot, and released the arrow directly at the Golem's core.

The transparent arrow made a piercing sound as it pierced through the air and lodged itself in the center of the Golem's chest, causing a part of the rocky armor protecting the core to crumble.

"Hmm... As I expected, it won't get defeated with just one shot."

"Of course, Kaede. It would be strange if you could take it down with just one shot, no matter how you look at it."

"Well, yeah."

Although my shot did hit, the Golem's core was still intact.

I knew it would be impossible with just one hit, so I'm not surprised, but it's still frustrating.

"Well, for now... as planned, I'll keep shooting until I can take it down."

"Go for it! Go for it!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test