02 July 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 103

Test

Silphy's Circumstances Part 2


"Huh? But didn't we receive powers so that humans could counter the ones we lost 20 years ago? Is that why we became visible...?"

"Oh... um, Silphy? Can I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure, go ahead."

Sylphy looked at me with a puzzled expression and nodded.

Alright... there are a few things I want to ask, or that I have to dig into.

"What should I do..."

There are just too many things I need to address...!

"Oh, right... Silphy said humans could see her because she lost a battle 20 years ago. Does that have anything to do with the dungeons?"

First, let's start with this.

Silphy lost a battle 20 years ago. And the dungeons also appeared in this world 20 years ago.

If that's all there is, it'd be excruciatingly difficult, but I could still hold on to a faint hope that it might be a coincidence.

However, after hearing about the star-granting powers, I can't help but think that way. The star that keeps appearing is probably the planet Earth, where we live.

"Well... I think there might be a connection. I don't know the details because I get captured after I lost the fight, but it feels more like the star prepared the foundation for the power rather than granting it. So maybe the dungeons that Kaede mentioned are the places to train that gave power or something like that?"

I see...

It does make sense in a way.

Since we don't know who the opponents Silphy and the others lost are, it's hard to say for sure. 

But if I consider Silphy's presence in the dungeons.

"...It's quite unexpected that we would find such a straightforward answer to the reason behind the dungeon appearances, which people have discussed for the past 20 years."

"Yes, I never expected the answer to come so easily."

"Really? Is this what humans always think about? So troublesome..."

"Well, not really, at least not for us."

"That's right. Only a few people who are researching specific dungeons are interested in this kind of thing."

Both Masa-san and I smiled wryly at Silphy's remark.

We couldn't imagine the dungeon appearances mystery would get solved so easily.

Anyway, we now understand the connection between the first dungeon and the outcome of Silphy and her companions losing.

It seems like everything hasn't been resolved yet, but at least we resolved one problem, and you can move on to the next step.

Thanks to the revelation that Silphy's battle is related to the dungeon, there is only one thing I want to know, combining it with Silphy's memories.

"Okay. Silphy, can I ask one last question?"

"Sure."

"...Are there other spirits besides Silphy?"

Silphy became visible to humans 20 years ago. 

As she stated, it means that spirits existed before the appearance of the dungeons. 

However, Silphy, who lost a battle to something, gets captured by the dungeon. 

That means the dungeon is undoubtedly connected to whoever defeated Silphy.

Thus, what Silphy and others have said, and the possibility of other spirits being present, becomes highly likely.

"Hmm... I wonder. Maybe because they continuously drain my magic power, the other is still alive..."

Magic power. Is it something like MP for us?

Only continuously having it drained.

"I see. You're right... Sorry."

"It's okay. But..."

"But?"

"Yeah. I wonder if the others get captured like me..."

Silphy murmurs with a sad expression, lowering her face.

Alright!

"Hey, Masa-san?"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Do you know if the higher-ranked explorers or guilds know about Silphy and the other spirits?"

I spoke to Masa-san, who was next to me.

I've explored many dungeons. But I've never heard of spirits in lower-ranked dungeons. 

Even in the thoroughly researched dungeon, there was never any information about spirits or rumors about them.

If that's the case, it means the spirits' existence has never got discovered. Or perhaps it has been kept secret.

If it's just a matter of not being found, I can still search for them, but if they're being hidden. It becomes quite troublesome.

If I casually ask someone and they don't know, it would be quite awkward.

"Well, that's true. That possibility exists. I've never seen or heard of any spirits other than Silphy-chan."

"Okay... Silphy, did you listen to what we said?"

"Um... yeah."

......You were listening, weren't you?

I hope she was listening.

"Okay, then... Silphy, what are you going to do from now on?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, in the dungeon, Silphy seemed unaware of the current situation in this world, and we've come this far together because I helped you. But if you'll search for other spirits, maybe it would be better for you to contact and join stronger explorers than someone like me."

That's my true feeling.

I want to continue working together if possible, but if information about hidden spirits is.

It means they haven't been found yet. 

That means if I go to high-rank dungeons that haven't been fully explored, we might find Silphy's companions.

If that's the case, as a Silver-ranked explorer, I wouldn't be able to explore adequately, in terms of rules and level.

"Another option is to go with Masa-san."

Masa-san would have connections with high-ranking explorers, and if something happens, I should be able to help us with her social status.

"What do you think? I'll fully support Silphy's decision and respect any choice."

"I'll also lend a hand as much as I can for Silphy-chan's choice."

Masa-san smiled while looking at Silphy.

"As for me..."

Silphy had a slightly thoughtful expression and then slowly opened her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test