25 June 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 102

Test

Silphy's Circumstances Part 1


"Mmm~! This is delicious!"

"Oh? I'm glad to hear that. Want another one?"

"I want more!"

Silphy sat cross-legged on the table and slowly enjoyed the cookies that Masumi had handed her.

A few minutes later, Masa-san managed to reboot herself and stared at Silphy intently. She then proceeded to give Silphy some snacks.

By the way, Silphy, where did you put another cookie of that size?

"Masa-san, I'm sorry about earlier."

"It's fine, no worries. I was initially surprised by what you said. But more importantly... what is a high-ranking spirit? I've never heard of such a species."

"I'm sorry. I haven't heard the details from Silphy myself... All I know is that Silphy is a high-ranking spirit of the wind, trapped in a teleportation trap in the forest dungeon."

"I see... Well then, Silphina-chan, could you tell me more about yourself?"

When Masa-san kindly asked, Silphy turned towards her and nodded, stuffing the remaining cookie into her mouth.

"Mmm? Mm... Alright. You want me to explain about myself?... gulp... My name is Silphina! I'm a high-ranking spirit of the wind!"

"Well, I already know that."

"Kaede, you're annoying."

"Yes."

Silphy gave me a stern look, so I obediently complied.

"Hehe. You two seem to get along well. But that's not all, right? Can you tell me more?"

"Yeah. Why were you trapped in that strange gem or crystal thingy?"

"O.....kaaay.....?"

I thought Syphy will say Silphy's "Of course!". But contrary to that expectation. As Silphy spoke, her voice gradually grew smaller until she finally bowed her head and fell silent.

"Silphy, is something wrong?"

"Silphina-chan?"

Worried, Masa-san and I spoke up, and Silphy slowly raised her head.

"Well... It was about 20 years ago... We spirits were fighting against someone... and we lost... and then..."

When she said that, she fell on her face again.

But, her face turned pale, and she began trembling violently.

Hey, hey, hey.

"What's going on, Silphy? Are you okay?"

"Wait a minute!? Silphina-chan!? What's wrong!? Are you okay!?"

Concerned, we hurriedly rushed to Silphy's side.

Silphy was sitting cross-legged on the table, trembling while hugging herself.

What on earth happened!?

I-I'm sorry..."

"It's okay. Just calm down."

"Come over here for now."

Apologizing with a look of regret, Silphy wasn't bothered by it, as she was guided by Masa-san and placed in her palm.

"...It's warm."

"That's right. Even though it may not seem like it, big sister has a high body temperature."

"Yeah."

Silphy began to close her eyes while resting on Yasa-san's palm.

Observing Silphy like that, Masa-san also smiled while gently stroking her.

"...Thank you, Masa-san."

"Oh my. It's no problem at all. Silphina-chan, are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah. Thanks to Miyabi. I've calmed down."

Silphina rubbed her cheek against Masa-san's hand.

It was the right decision to leave it to Masa-san.

But why did Silphy suddenly become strange?

"Silphy, are you okay? You don't have to tell me if it's too much for you."

"...Yeah, I'm okay now. Miyabi helped me calm down."

"I see. Can you tell us then?"

"Yeah. It might take a while. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Oh, Masa-san, do you have enough time?"

"Oh, dear. You don't have to worry about me. I have time. Besides..."

"Besides?"

Masa-san breaks off there and looks at Silphy.

"It's such a tease to ask something intriguing and then go to work without hearing the answer."

"A-Ahahaha... I understand. Well then, Silphy, please."

"Yeah, understood."

So Silphy nodded, took a slow deep breath, and then spoke.

"That was about 20 years ago in human time, I think. We, the spirits, were fighting against something."

"Hey, you've been saying 'something' many times, but what exactly is that 'something' you're talking about?"

That's important, but the crucial details are too vague to understand.

And 20 years ago? That was the year when a dungeon that even children knew about suddenly appeared. It's too much of a coincidence, isn't it...?

"Um, well, you see..."

"Well, what is it?"

"...I forgot!"

Silphy winked cutely and stuck out her tongue, saying she forgot.

Huh?

"...Huh?"

"Oh? Did you forget?"

"Well... It's not exactly that I forgot, but it's more like my memories have become hazy."

"Like a blur?"

That's strange.

If it were complete amnesia, she wouldn't be able to recall those memories at all.

But how she's saying it, it seems like certain parts are missing. No, it's like she can't remember them.

"Well... Could it be some skill effect?"

"Could it be? But I've never heard of such a skill."

"Well, I guess that's true. Humans like Kaede have only recently started recognizing us."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

It's not clear.

Recognize them?

"Huh? Humans like Kaede have been recognizing us spirits since 20 years ago, right?"

"Well, that's news to me."

"I didn't know either."

"..."

"..."

"...Huh?"

Masa-san and I exchanged glances. And then, we looked at Silphy, perplexed.

Isn't the conversation not adding up?

"Hey, Kaede... When did humans start recognizing us spirits?"

"Well, I mentioned it earlier, but I've never seen a spirit like Silphy before today."

"...Huh?"

Hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test