17 June 2023

Sure-Hit Archer 101

Test

Involvement


Guided by Masa-san, we used the elevator to move from the first floor and arrived at the fourth floor. 

Instead of the usual crowded office on the eighth floor, he took me to a room that resembled a conference room.

"Please, feel free to sit anywhere you like."

"Thank you. Excuse me."

As prompted by Masa-san, I took a seat, and he sat in the opposite direction after circling the desk.

The desks were arranged in a rectangular shape, facing each other, there was a whiteboard, and in one corner of the room, there was a makeshift hot water supply.

"Now, could you show me the Hard Caterpillar thread and the Machbull leather I requested?"

"Yes, here they are."

I took out the Hard Caterpillar thread and Machbull leather from my [Item Box] and handed them to Masa-san sequentially. 

Masa-san skillfully inspected the Hard Caterpillar thread.

Just like he had examined the Killer Spider thread before, pulling it out from a wooden stick and checking its quality while holding it in his hand.

On the other hand, she effortlessly lifted and unfolded the Machbulll leather, which should be as large as a whole beast, and inspected it. 

His movements were seamless, revealing the proficiency in his "technique".

"Wow~ as expected of Kaede-kun. They are in perfect condition as always, and the quantity is just right. Moreover, you collected them just as requested. I didn't think you would make it in time for the deadline with the Hard Caterpillar thread with your level. But you've proven me wrong."

"Well, luckily, I had the opportunity to familiarize myself with B-rank monsters' movements, so I managed somehow."

"Oh, I see~. But that's not all, right?"

"Well, yes..."

"I see. Well, never mind. Before we discuss your consultation, I wanted to ask, how was that thing I made?"

"It's simply perfect. It didn't obstruct my movements, and even if something was in the pocket, it didn't seem noticeable from the outside. You truly are amazing, Masa-san."

Indeed, it's been a great help. 

Even with the inconspicuous Silphy in my pocket, which is about 15cm+ with her wings on the back, it doesn't feel out of place. 

With this level of craftsmanship, I can expect good defensive capabilities too. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm it due to prioritizing the request this time and dealing with a potentially dangerous monster that could kill me.

"Oh? I'm glad to hear that. But making your armor for this request made me realize a few things, although it's still a work in progress."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, it is. Let's put that aside for now and get to the main topic. So, what do you need to consult with me about? Do you want me to make another piece of armor?"

Masa-san leans on the desk, clasping hands and resting his chin on top, looking at me. 

But before that.

"Masa-san, I heard that this room is soundproof, but is it safe from eavesdropping as well?"

Just to be sure, I need to confirm. 

 I can't afford to have someone eavesdrop on the conversation about Silphy, especially when trusting Masa-san. It wouldn't be a joke.

There's a saying that goes, "Walls have ears and sliding doors have eyes." 

Well, Trans is a considerably large company, so I believe they have taken proper precautions.

"That shouldn't be a problem. We won't use the conference room today, and we have devices made by our affiliated explorers to detect bugs or skills. We've taken care of it properly, so don't worry."

"I see... Well done."

"It's only natural for a large company like ours. Even important meetings take place in this room."

Well, that makes sense. 

It would be strange if they didn't have countermeasures.

"Well then, let me apologize in advance, Masa-san. The consultation I have is quite troublesome. I'm sorry."

"Oh my, what could it be? I'm happy to be relied upon. So I'm willing to help with any consultation. Besides, I want to help when you're in trouble."

Masa-san... You're more like a man than a man. Because you're that kind of person, I can come to you with my concerns like this.

"Um... The consultation is about her... Silphy. It's okay for her to come out now."

"Is it fine already?"

"Yes, Yas-san is someone I trust. You can come out without worries."

"Understood!"

"What's the matter, Kaede? Why are you suddenly talking towards your inner pocket?"

Masa-san looks at me with a puzzled expression.

Well, if I suddenly start talking towards my inner pocket, it's natural to think that way. But I'm sure it will be quite a shock.

"Yay, I can finally come out!"

"..."

Silphy happily flies out of my inner pocket, hovering in the air with both hands raised. 

And in front of me, I see Masa-san frozen with his mouth wide open.

Yep, just as I expected.

"Hey, hey, Kaede, why is that human making such a face?"

"Well, it's because Silphy is speaking human language."

"What? Is that so strange? Kaede seemed surprised too, but is it unusual for me to talk?"

No, I think it would be impossible not to be surprised when seeing Silphy.

"...Huh?! W-Wait a moment. Give me a moment to gather myself... I'm a bit confused right now."

Just when I thought Masa-san regained his composure, he placed his hand on his forehead and began pondering. 

Well, I can understand her reaction.

When I first saw Silphy, I was in the midst of battle, so it wasn't as overwhelming, but it still left me quite perplexed.

"Phew... Okay, I've calmed down."

"That's good to hear."

"...Well, I think I understand now. The matter you want to discuss is about that child, right?"

"Yes, that's correct."

"I see. I see. So that's how it is. So, what happened to that child? Have you tamed a talking Pixie or something?"

"No, it's not like that..."

"Hey, human... Was it Miyabi? Don't compare me to Pixies! I have my name, Silphina!"

Silphy pouted and protested in response to what Masa-san said.

"Oh... I apologize, Silphina-chan. So, Kaede-kun, what does this mean?"

Yasu-san directed a slightly admonishing gaze toward me. 

Well, I can't blame him. It's quite a troublesome matter, visibly so.

"Well, then let me introduce her properly... Silphy?"

"Yeah? That's fine! I'm Silphina! I'm not just a Pixie, but a higher-ranking spirit of the wind!"

"Yes, as she stated, this is her self-introduction. Silphy, the higher-ranking spirit of the wind."

I pointed at Silphy while introducing her to Masa-san. 

At that moment, Masa-san froze in place once again. 

Well, I apologize for bringing such a troublesome matter to his attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test